Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am i wrong lol?:confused:

i know i've only had the r34 for just under 2 month and i really love the car but i have a major itch for a cerbra, anyone owned one? tried to find an owners club but the only one i could find with a forum you had to pay before you even registered :rofl::Uzi:

·
Registered
836 Posts

yeah knew someone who had one, leaked like a sieve, not enough leg room because of the high tunnel, switches were temperamental and it was soooooo dangerous in the wet that he thought he owned a carrousel :rofl:

mind you he did also own an Ultima so thats what floated his boat lol

Regards, Thwish

·
White/carbon r34
1,051 Posts
i love the tvr but unfortunatly the mechanics arent very good, the dash boards are pure works of art. the cars are pure sex to look at.
but the enignes are unreliable, may be look into getting one with a blown or high milage engine and drop an rb lump in it.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Gotta agree with everyone else, look gorgeous, BUT absolutely the most unreliable peces of crap.

My uncle tried owning two but after various engine, gearboxes etc failures he went back to porkers.

·
Tigers eat tyres
834 Posts
My friend Damo had one. Lovely car when it worked. Unfortunately that wasnt very often so he sold it after six months of garage bills and stress.

If you have the money, a garage and access to another car then they can be great fun. You can also pick them up for cheap at the moment.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Stop being silly, go out, take a seat in your R34 and give it some, rethink, job done! :D

If not, get your wallet out and buy some new mods for the R34, go out again, take a seat and give it some, rethink, job defo done! :rofl:

·
oversteer is king
190 Posts
Ive always wanted a tvr but as everyone says they can be unreliable so puts me off even though they are cheap as chips really

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
By all means get a TVR but don't:

1. Take it out in the rain (the windows probably won't fit)
2. Drive it very far (you will go deaf)
3. Take it to any important occasion (it will go wrong)
4. Drive it fast (it's made of fibreglass - you do not want to crash it)

Having *seen* TVRs being built at the old Blackpool factory I now understand what TVRs actually are: beautiful hand-crafted sculpture that you can sometimes drive around a bit. But they're automotive art first, a car second.

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
hehe was looking at cerberas as well as some other cars and got the skyline, did a lot of research and drove one which was an experience I can tell you, it was shockingly fast and very very twitchy, amazing to look at and inside it was a piece of art, reliability is non-existence and you will run it into a tree trust me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts