Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This section of the forum has been very beneficial to me.

I'd like to thank everyone for their input into this section as it has saved me nearly £600.

I'll buy you all a drink when I next see ya.

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
Hi Lanky,

Point noted and taken. However, our efforts are currently focused on imporving the quality of the club and the systems in place that run it. Once we are happy with this, we will once again move our efforts to improving the web forum facilities. Untill then, hold tight ;)

Rgds,
Martin

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
I don't know about other people but i'm finding the area you live is making a lot of difference to my premium as people on here are posting their quotes at such and such with the same companies i have quotes from and the difference has been huge in some cases some higher some lower,does anyone know of how insurance companies decided which areas are high or low risk as it would be interesting to find out then we could really gauge wheather a quote is good or bad value for money.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
The problem is that if we organise any discounts on insurance, they will only be posted up in the members area......otherwise our members wont benefit from paying membership.....but otherwise as per Martins reply...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The details on discounts should be known to all, just because you know about it, doesn't mean your gaining from it.

Things like that could be deciding factors to non members

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Then whats the point in organising discounts for members if a non member tries to contact the broker/insurance agent claiming to be a member?? I am sure none of our guys would do this, but it takes time to organise any sort of discount with insurers. A lot are not happy to do this. This thread is just about peoples own opinions of quotes given to them personally. If I arrange a discount for members, then its only fair to the members to post it in the members section.....

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
venners said:
I don't know about other people but i'm finding the area you live is making a lot of difference to my premium as people on here are posting their quotes at such and such with the same companies i have quotes from and the difference has been huge in some cases some higher some lower,does anyone know of how insurance companies decided which areas are high or low risk as it would be interesting to find out then we could really gauge wheather a quote is good or bad value for money.
Also I know from experience that your job effects your premium. An exmaple of this, which still seems insane to me, is when my old motor (9000 Carlsson Group 18) was in for repairs had to get some temporary cover on my sisters car a G reg 1.3 Astra. We both had the same underwriter and I even think that the insurance companies that we were with, were related in someway. Anyway they refused to put me on her insurance as a named driver because I worked in IT ?!? I was told if I had said I was unemployed, a dustbin man anything else it wouldn't have been a problem. Now how stupid is that.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
im sorry i agree with tigs, if you want to know about discounts you need to say your a member of the club anyhow so members only pages please.

If your not a member you cant expect to get privillages, sure everyone wants cheap insurance, but this is why the club is here.

Arguing this point seems pointless, its the price of 4 pints of lager for you to become a member.

·
Registered
952 Posts
i agree with u sarky.not much point in doing all this running around for the members and getting a members discount if anyone can ring up and say there a member. perks of joining. makes it all worthwhile.

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
Lanky said:
well some house keeping is in order then because under 'owners club'...'join club' it states

Insurance
Adrian Flux, 10-15% discount

and I didn't bother pretending to be a member because I presumed there would be a sensible agreement between the parties to safe guard against such dishonesty.....maybe I shouldn't have......
Yes, under that section is does state some of our discounts agreements. Maybe that will be removed and replaced with something more generic such as Insurance Discounts.

As others have already stated, personal experience of Insurance brokers can be posted in the open forum. Any arrangements the club has with insurance brokers will be stated under the Member Only section.

Martin.

·
Registered
952 Posts
easy way to resolve this about members etc and honesty. those that have paid the membership have there own personal number/card why not give the companies that we have a agreed discount with these numbers. that way when someone rings they can check? just a thought:D

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
SkylineBoy, thanks for the idea. This has already been discussed during the initial formation of the agreements.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
er did i miss something i thought this was a discussion on insurance companies in general but it seems to have turned into a pop at the club, which i have no complaints about....just thought i'd clarify my my postion.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
dont worry mate....Its just that with all the meets n stuff over the summer we havent had time to update all the discounts etc. When Trax is over and things are more quiet, I am gonna devote some more time to overhauling the various items on the forum and possibly get some more discounts....!

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
MORE discounts i like the sound of that!:)

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
I was told that different occupations, either decrease on increase your premium. When it happened was told that IT and professional sports people were high risk groups.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts