Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I went up to Well Lane with the Calibra boys on saturday as I was curious to see what my car's making and had a great morning. Seemed my car was slipping on the rollers though so three of us sat in the boot :)

The last run was ok and below is the resulting graph. It's the first time i've done this and ok I understand the numbers but anyone got any comments on the graphs? I was maybe expecting to see the torque peak earlier as I though these engines were quite torqey lower down? My mate's Calibra had 233 bhp but his torque wasn't far behind mine (like 10lb).

Anyone explain it to me?

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happy chappy.

Thanks guys. It does feel smooth when you put the power down and to be honest as long as it's a healthy motor then i'm happy really.

I just have a curious nature!

One guy saw a lot less power than he was expecting and his boost was only 19psi not 22 as he'd seen on the way up there and back so didn't break 300 brake. More air through the front was what he thought it needed.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Nice graph that Moschops, one I would be proud to own! What mods have you got to reach 295 brake?

One day I will get there...! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Step 1 mods should see you with around 280-300 brake !! Ie Filter, downpipe, cat replacment and exhaust. Its all about letting the engine breath easily. I`v seen a few cars running this power with only those mods.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Cool! :cool:

Apexi filter is on its way already, think I will go with a hiper muffler or an N1 along with decat and downpipe next... :)

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Richard Bell said:
Step 1 mods should see you with around 280-300 brake !! Ie Filter, downpipe, cat replacment and exhaust. Its all about letting the engine breath easily. I`v seen a few cars running this power with only those mods.
Irridium plugs & Abbey ECU as well as the above. Think Rod said the boost was about 0.8 bar. It's not got the plastic compressor so the boost could be raised a bit.

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Of course then there's the difference in rollers. One of the guys thought Well Lane was a bit 'optimistic'. Your also seeing estimated flywheel bhp - how the hell does it work that out??

As long as my membership application for the 200+ club doesn't get rejected on horsepower grounds then i'm happy :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts