Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say if you have a GTS-t it might pay to give the throttle body a clean every now and then.

we have two GTS-t's Hers is a '95 with 30k miles on the clock and she was complaining that the performance was a bit off, so I did the usual, checked the air filter, plugs and they seemed fine, so I took off the pipe that goes across the top off the engine and gave the throttle body and butterfly valve a good cleaning (polished up the pipe while it was off to :D).

put it all back together and the car was as it should be again.

I did mine yesterday '94 GTS-t 50k miles and a MINES ecu and it is also much improved - I was also having some hunting problems at idle which also seem to have gone :)

Don't however do what I did and shoot the plastic pipe from the carb/choke cleaner down into the inlet manifold because you then have to dissasemble it to get it out again and that is NOT a fun job :mad: :mad: :mad:

still a good result in the end.

Simon

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it easy to get off? I might do mine at work tomorrow & polish it up while im there.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not to difficult at all - probably takes about 15 mins or so to take off. took a good couple of hours to polish up - and even then if I had spent more time it would have been better.

Simon

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I reckon i should be able to polish it up in about 10 mins. There`s times when working as a metal worker with stainless,brass & ali has its advantages.

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Been doimg all kinds of things like this since me top half has been off. Throttle body Zorst manifold Induction pipe clean up de cocked the pistons rocker cover the lot. Also polished the entire engine bay, under the bonnet (took it off for that job), polished all those metal pipes (even the ones you dont see). Cleaned all the cooler pipes, flushed the power steering res. Flushed the charge cooler. Oh and had the head ported and polished. Even polished the bishop himself. Should be about 890bhp when finished. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is something I intend to reply to on the SDU thread about lumpy idle - it might just be that simple..........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts