Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my r34 gtt has a tiptronic auto affair, i was just wondering if there was anything i should watch out for with it, if anyone knew the maximum power it would safely handle and whether there are any sort of upgrades for automatic skylines and if not is it possible to swap to a manual gearbox if i ever feel the need. i have to say at the moment i am really pleased with it especially as i have a 30 mile commute to work every day and half of it is in town traffic.
cheers
fourtoes:)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I've got an auto and you can do all the things you want up to about 400 bhp I am told. Oh you cant fit a triple plate clutch :D

E

·
0 Posts
Have you only got 4 toes?

2 of mine are webbed on each foot. No Ed the duck jokes thankyou:rolleyes:

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah, eddie i once had a really nasty accident racing downhill
mountain bikes involving my toe and thought it would be a good name if i ever joined a ska band. still got all me toes though.:D
unlike you ya freak half man, half lizard type creature you:crazy:

E

·
0 Posts
Yup. I`ll take a pic if you like but post it on anew thread. Feet haven`t got much to do with tiptronic :D

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rik, i really like it, it feels really smooth and i love the sequential
gear change, its a bit odd though going from first to second gear
by pushing forward, takes a bit of getting used to, i think the steering wheel gears are a bit of a gimic, cant really see much use
for that, but basically driving in auto feels quick and the kick down shift always makes me smile. pitty theres not a sports mode too.
i was wondering if there was a way to upgrade at all if ever i get
bored to manual???? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Wot! no sports mode? Mine has Sports, Auto and Snow. Sport holds all gears till red line, christ knows what snow does tho.

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
na buster mines got Park, Reverse, Neutral, Auto, then 3, and 2, i think basically they're for towing etc and never go out of 3rd or 2nd respectively i think.
does yours have the abilty to use the gears in sequential like mine does? maybe they droped the sports in favour of that????:rolleyes:, mines up on blocks at the moment as im having my wheels done in black. (dont know what thats got to do with anything but hey!)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Buster....

Snow mode (I think) should have the car change up at relatively low revs in order to maintain traction. Basically should have you driving around in a higher gear than you would normally (if it were a manual).

Either that or all of a sudden the front wheels will fold into the arches, skis will appear, the rear wheels will extend spikes, and away ye go!

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
buster, what mods have you made to your car, and how has it effected the feel of the auto?
mines completely stock although ive got an Apex'i gt spec zaust
comming, then onto induction.....etc.....etc....:)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I have, HKS Super Drager zorst. HKS Induction kit, Trust down pipe, Cat bypass, Iridium plugs, HKS front mount intercooler and a few tweaks by the boys at Abbey, mainly to stop it overboosting till I get a boost controller. GTR type custom built front bumper by Jap Salon to get good air over the intercooler.
GTR 33 brake calipers and discs, so much better stopping

The car drives very nicely on the auto box under normal driving, it goes like sh*t of a shovel in "sports" holding each gear change till the redline. Kick down pins yer lugs back, and will spin the wheels on up shift first/second/third. It will kick down at 90 and take you up to 160 (Castle Coombe honest guv).

I had to have an auto for variuos reasons and I am not dissapointed with it, thats for sure.

Jock: I didnt want to put the switch to "snow" in case it made it snow, well you know how clever these Japanese are :D

Nick

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sounds bloody fantastic buster.
im beginning to wonder why mines not got a sports mode???
boo, hooo.:(
still i dooo love it.
:D

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rikki Phillippo, its white mate, im going for thr black and white thing. im still waiting for my wheels to come back, should be here for the bank hols, i hope. i'll try and post a piccy when theyre on, should look pretty race though.
:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts