Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my last 2 Skylines and a few s/hand R33 headlights I sold recently the lenses all looked dull and faded so I tried cleaning them with soapy water, tried glass cleaner and household polish and nothing brought them up really nice until I found an old bottle of Farecla G3 compound. OK, it's for restoring dull paint but what the hell I thought....Tried it on one lamp and it looked like new after only a quick polish up.

When I cleaned both lamps on my R33 with the G3 compound it made such a difference to the appearance and performance of the lights it was as if I had fitted new ones. Well pleased with the results so I had to share with you all..

Farecla G3 compound !! Works a treat...

:)

·
Registered
154 Posts
There is another thread somewhere about using an insect cleaner with a washing up pad that brings them up good as new!

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi guys just did the toothepaste thing on yellow headlights on my new toy (track prepped gts ) worked a treat,neighbour loking out of her lounge window now thinks im a bit weird,toothepaste in hand etc

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
This has to be fate! Trackboy replied to one of my threads today, as he was from Southampton i wondered how id not noticed, so while checking out the other posts by him (im not a stalker, i promise) i find this thread. I noticed last sunday that one of my headlights is yellow (had car for 5 months!), as supposed to the other one being perfectly new looking. Its been really bugging me and i have been generally moaning about it to everyone all week! And then i stumble across this in amongst Trackboys posts! Im going to try the toothpaste thing now! Ta for listening! :boogy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts