Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been on nights all week,then i go the gym after. Anyways today after my night shift, i go the gym, then decide to do the weekly food shop at tesco before it gets busy and the weather being hot and all. So i drive there, car park pretty empty with it being 7.00 in the morning and i park in the mother and child space as theres more room either side of my car and its close to the store and they are all empty, not a car near mine for 20 or more spaces either side,so alls good. Im in Tesco for 30mins and then i come out and start to load my boot with my groceries, i look down and notice some TWAT !! has hit the back of my car,right on the corner of the back bumper drivers side,WTF ! How the hell did they manage that ???? they must have give it a fair shunt cause its scraped,dented and cracked it :( then drove off cause there was still no cars within 100 feet of mine !! Ive asked tesco if they have cctv, they have but only the police can view it,so ive reported it to the police and they are coming see me at 11.00am, i hope they can find the fooker who did it, i will make them pay !! So right now im pacing the floor waiting for the police,without any chance of me getting any sleep cause im that angry :Uzi: aarrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!

·
this is me take it or do one....that simple
4,082 Posts
it will get sorted pal i had the same alittle while back with a rover 75 an old granded and he drove off infront of my eyes i got the reg n cctv and he got told off shud have had his old grandad balls stapled to his thigh like but it got sorted in the end

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it will get sorted pal i had the same alittle while back with a rover 75 an old granded and he drove off infront of my eyes i got the reg n cctv and he got told off shud have had his old grandad balls stapled to his thigh like but it got sorted in the end
I can remember that thread now Pred, did he cough up pound notes to get it fixed ? Or did it have go through insurance ?

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
Mate...... you're not having much luck this year so far with your car?!?!?

You have to be careful, as you parked in mother and child and if you havn't got a child with you, they might decide after viewing the tape not to help, as you were not parked in a space allocated for you.

Just something to look out for!

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
feel the pain mate but i reckon itl work out tesco are quite good like that ive got a few mates things similar have happened and its worked out :bigthumb:

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just had a call from mr plod, its not looking to good :( The Tesco cameras are not facing where my car was parked, so no joy there. The only hope now is that the council cameras have picked it up,which he said were facing my car. He has to e-mail them a request to get them checked,so dont know how long that will take, and he said if they have caught them on camera,they will only be able get the colour and make of car,not the reg :( the only way to get the reg is if they drive a certain way through town past another camera that was a lot clearer with its images:( so looking very slim at best.

·
Hello
1,540 Posts
You have to be careful, as you parked in mother and child and if you havn't got a child with you, they might decide after viewing the tape not to help, as you were not parked in a space allocated for you.
:/ Erm, the police won't discriminate against you just for parking in the wrong space!!!

Good luck getting it sorted anyway.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The shop possibly would though fella.
Ive heard that shops can but not in this case. I never park in disabled or parent and child normally cause i know how it gets my goat when i got my kids with me and some old git has parked there and i have park a million miles away. But we have be sensible here, it was 7.00 am in the morning, the car park was near empty and i couldnt imagine a stampede of cars for the 50 or so mother and child spaces within the half hour i was in there :) ive cleaned it up best i can for now,looks better but still cracked and scuffed,will have start saving for a new bumper.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Mate...... you're not having much luck this year so far with your car?!?!?

Just something to look out for!
Gutted this happened mate, not good! Niz might me onto something though, but not with the police. The insurance company might not pay out though as your car was in a place it shouldn't have been, not sure on this but they might.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No need to justify it to me mate, I was only clarifying what niz said. :)
I know mate, no probs :)
Gutted this happened mate, not good! Niz might me onto something though, but not with the police. The insurance company might not pay out though as your car was in a place it shouldn't have been, not sure on this but they might.
I wont claim through insurance, will have live with it for now. Anyways my excess is £500.It annoying me more that some fooker drove off:Uzi:

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
The point I was trying to make, and I really hope this doesn't happen to you mate, is that their insurance company might argue that if you car wasn't there (which it shouldn't have been) then their car wouldn't have hit it and then claim off YOUR insurance. The other person could end up on a charge of 'Leaving the Scene' but the insurance are looking for whose fault the damage was.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The point I was trying to make, and I really hope this doesn't happen to you mate, is that their insurance company might argue that if you car wasn't there (which it shouldn't have been) then their car wouldn't have hit it and then claim off YOUR insurance. The other person could end up on a charge of 'Leaving the Scene' but the insurance are looking for whose fault the damage was.
I see what you mean, but dont think they would discriminate that much,as its advisory really,theres no clear sign saying you are breaking the law parking there without kids, its just good manners. I can always pull up 1 off me 4 kids as proof,:)lol But this is detracting from the point that the person should die a horrible death :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts