Skyline Owners Forum banner

Killed two stage boost results

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm interested to see how many of you have had problems or not....

I had killed it on my previous car but unsure wheather to do it again due to conflicting views on its harm/detonation...

If you do click the option Killed two stage boost and had problems please let us know what problems you had...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Mine has a switch to go back to 2 stage

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
I have a switch too, but then Mr ProfecB will be with me shortly, when parcelforce pull there finger out of there.... :swear:

But with it on i have not noticed any high knock values.. (apart from the issue i had a couple days ago, but that was the sensor needing calibration.. me finks:sly:)

Infact i just got home from an evening drive (bored see) and had it on the whole time i was out... no problems.

if it was going to cause issue then anyone with a boost controller and std fuel map (people who havent got PFC, emanage, SAFC ect) would have trouble, the std ecu is pretty good on its own from what i hear! (even if it is a bit rich at times! but hey better than lean!)

Cheers
Dazzler

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Not at the moment, I have a MBC but it is not fitted, but my ProfecB is on the way (figured it was safer with an EBC), im going to set that up @ 9 psi, with the warning set @ 11, this will keep it well under the .8 bar limit

Cheers
Dazzler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts