Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted my Skyline with Toad Ai606 today but the engineer can't put on the Toad turbo timer module to my Greddy as apparently you need 4 wires from turbo timer as opposed to 3 on Greddy (apart from earth wire).

Does anyone has same alarm that works with turbo timer (alarm arm and TT running).

Looked on the whole forum but this issue still seems unanswered/ unclear.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
toads!

Had the same system fitted on my personal car at work, during the week, asked the same question to the fitter as i had the last one ie Why not? Instead of the expected "Cant do it Guv, as the alarm keeps trying to set as the unit thinks you have turned off the car but the T/timer is keeping it running there fore eventually it flips the alarm out" this time I get told "No problem, just when the T/timer has allowed the engine to stop the imobiliser will arm but you will have to press the button to lock the doors and arm the alarm" Basically "No point" you may as well sit and let the car run for 30secs or so then get out and arm the alarm as usual otherwise your car remains un-locked if you walk off.Not good!

·
Registered
650 Posts
This can be done but is best done when the alarm is being fitted. Any decent alarm fitter can do it using relays, however, this will invalidate your Cat1 status having a turbo timer fitted with the alarm

Bob

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
.....even worse, I just found out that my Turbo Timer does not work when I shut the car down.

However, if just turning ignition on and off, it works! Not sure if it's Toad Ai606 's self door locking that causing this. Reason is that when I turn the key off (shut engine), the door unlocks instantly! :wtf:

Rang Dennis @ alarms4u but still no reply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts