Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off out in about an hour to my mates garage; where we will be mostly stripping

off the whole exhaust :)D) from the turbo back, changing the clutch and replacing the exhaust parts with all new Japspeed parts I've purchased.

One question I have is regarding the bung in the Japspeed back-box. HTF do you get it out? I spent ages last night bashing it from behind (!) with a garden cane!! I managed to shift it about 1cm :(

I am right in thinking that it should just slide out of the tail pipe right?

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
yep mate but i presume u have unbolted it first??? and enjoy the japspeed exhaust as i do buddy lol

·
Administrator
25,965 Posts
yep i seen it to buddy have fun lol

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Lol... Your gonna love the exhaust mate... :)

Have fun... My new tub and screamer is going on today :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yup the bolt's out. Having just looked at a similar thread to this, it would seem the answer is brute force! :)
its not that much hassle - WD40 up the rubber hangars and life will become easier when taking off / putting back on.

Enjoy the Japspeed and have fun with the clutch :D

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
its not that much hassle - WD40 up the rubber hangars and life will become easier when taking off / putting back on.

Enjoy the Japspeed and have fun with the clutch :D
er he is on about the bung not the hangers :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
er he is on about the bung not the hangers :)
;)

All done now anyway I'm pleased to say. Gearbox wasn't a patch on the mission I had shifting it on my S15 :disappointed: Not easy, but as per previous posts, it needs to be twisted up in to postion and given a bit of heave-ho... next thing you know it's there!

Exhaust is tremendous! But I'm especially loving the frontpipe/decat etc. Lots of popping going on, ahhhhhh! Bliss :D

Feels good and poky too.

Stripping teh entire system from the turbo, and fitting the clutch, and a few ancillary jobs too (changing headlight bulbs, removing bung, release bearing etc) took me and my mechanic 6hrs. My back hurts! Time for :guiness:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yees, I should add teh ACT clutch feels like the business too. Not sure how long mines been playing up for but it was right down to the rivets... I mean, right down :(

So new clutch instantly feels great!

All this excitement, only slightly tarnished by the tear in my leather seat that the missus put there yesterday :swear: Warning: Don't let anyone on your leather seats if they've got sharp accessories attached to their clothing!

Back to LSC in the coming weeks then :shakehead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts