Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just downloaded it on the PS3.

In a nutshell: Slightly complicated yet entertaning. :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wont let me do much as its "only a demo", plus the only plane Ive got is an F2, F16 derivative. Only normal mode etc etc.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
complicated lol?
nah... great game though i thought.. makes a change to the usual choices. you can earn better planes and weapons even on the demo but it doesnt save them when you turn it off.

I bought one of the other Clancy titles a while back (because i liked the otheres in the past), cant remember the name but it sucked ass so badly i couldnt even be bothered to play past the first level. It was so clunky after playing CoD4 i just couldnt be arsed. Its the one where you start the training missions in a big white room before level 1.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
complicated lol?
nah... great game though i thought.. makes a change to the usual choices. you can earn better planes and weapons even on the demo but it doesnt save them when you turn it off.
Yep that's one thing I didnt appreciate.

I bought one of the other Clancy titles a while back (because i liked the otheres in the past), cant remember the name but it sucked ass so badly i couldnt even be bothered to play past the first level. It was so clunky after playing CoD4 i just couldnt be arsed. Its the one where you start the training missions in a big white room before level 1.
Yeah same here I liked the previous PS2 titles such as Splinter Cell.

Still though Im not totally knocking this game as the graphics and detail is just crazy.

Wonder what GT5 will be like? :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was really impressed with the graphics, but it wouldnt tempt me to buy it i'm not really one for flight sims.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
I bought the full game and I do like but I wish I had more control over the plane's flight controls, a little less 'arcadey'.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep Im the same, Question GB: In the full game when mildly using the air brakes on whatever aircraft does the plane go into a stall?

Ive had this with the F-15 Active. :(

I hope Ubisoft mature up the physics a bit.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Nope, adding brakes does not cause a stall unless you go into assistance off mode which gives you a gay unchangeable camera angle.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, adding brakes does not cause a stall unless you go into assistance off mode which gives you a gay unchangeable camera angle.
Yes it is too far away for my liking. But I do like them working altimeters and horizon level gauges though. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
This is why the Ace Combat series for this type of "Arcadey" flight game always wins.
Just a pity that MS had to basically kill the game and spend stupid amounts of money (money that could have been spent on better projects like real people if they wanted to look good) just so they could say, looky, looky, we have stolen a Sony game. Woop woop, lets applude them on being stupid.
Same with GTA 4 addons. That is a multi platform game so addons should be multi platform as well, not just a Bill Gates only thing.

AC needs to come back home and from what i've heard Sony users won't get AC6 (Bill Gates version was quite poor from what i've heard) but a new and about 50 times better AC7.

I'll be up for some dogfightin when that comes out.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is why the Ace Combat series for this type of "Arcadey" flight game always wins.
Just a pity that MS had to basically kill the game and spend stupid amounts of money (money that could have been spent on better projects like real people if they wanted to look good) just so they could say, looky, looky, we have stolen a Sony game. Woop woop, lets applude them on being stupid.
Same with GTA 4 addons. That is a multi platform game so addons should be multi platform as well, not just a Bill Gates only thing.

AC needs to come back home and from what i've heard Sony users won't get AC6 (Bill Gates version was quite poor from what i've heard) but a new and about 50 times better AC7.

I'll be up for some dogfightin when that comes out.
Very well said. :)

I personally am a hardened Ace Combat fan. And YES AC needs to come back home. Enough of this exclusivity ****. :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts