Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if anywhere in the uk stocks a tomei locker kit for the r32 gtst i'd guess its the same as the r32 gtr? also anyone know what comes with the kit as ideally i'd like to do away with everything hicas.

Or has anyone gone the diy route...:D

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really its just a personal preference but i have heard a few stories about the hicas unexpectedly flicking people into spins, also there's a fair bit of weight in the whole hicas system.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sounds fair to me. Are there any axles with limited slip diffs that would fit, ditching the hicas and getting a LSD as the same time could sharpen up the backend loads.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Don't

our wonderful machines have LSD's already? Sure I read that somewhere.....

I presume you could manually remove the system, certainly the main mechanical lump on the diff looks straightforward enough. Whip the boss off the steering wheel and deactivate the dash light..... Problem is the fluid feeds would need blocking off, and thats about it I guess. However, if its been on there for ten years or so its probably going to be a pig to remove.

Not sure where in the UK sells Hicas locks, pretty sure you could order one from Takakaira though.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The r32 gtst has a limited slip as standard and along with some fat 235/40/18 tyres she should stick reasonably well...:D

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol...they just fit..:cool: ...i rekon i'll end up going the diy route was just hoping to hear from someone that'd done it already....i had a noesy round the system the other day and like you say it looks like it'll be a pig to get everthing undone.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
for a sample of what no Hicas is like try removing the speed signal to the ECU and the Hicas lamp should come on after about 5 mins of driving and disable its self !!! Mines like that at the mo and I like the way it handles now. ;)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
How do you do that then Richard? I am going drifting next monday and would like to disable it....

Cheers

Skip

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Locate the Spees signal wire on the main ECU and Cut it. I found this out by mistake BTW as mines not worked for a longtime and I traced it back to this signal !!! Should be the same on the GTS. OR pull the Hicas fuse (easier) when disabled it points straight ahead only :)

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
anyone who is serious about track work usually takes off the hicas, last thing you want is your car feeling like it is stepping out and its not really. Very deceiving.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts