Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me will these cams help much with performance at about 400-450bhp ? And are they straight fit, or is anything like valve springs/rocker stoppers required ? Also, can anyone confirm a part number or way of identifying the cams

·
Super Moderator
9,034 Posts
Higher lift/dwell cams in general, will push the power band further up the rev range, and will as a result breath better at higher load/RPM, and can extend the RM limit.

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
260 degree in and ex, with 9.15 lift is the spec of cams i am looking at. I am curious how that will feel when matched with a stage 4 CR turbos hybrid turbo based on a r34 standard turbo*.
* Complete Ball Bearing Core, T38 Turbine, Larger Compressor housing complete with 360 Thrust Bearing with steel internals, intend to run 1.4 bar or so

And, is there any identifying marks on the cams themselves, if so what (there used, and want to be sure what says on the box, is whats in the box)

And, are they straight drop in with no other supporting head mods required

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you could check that mate would be good. As these cams are marked, but different codes on each cam shaft. I was wondering is this normal, or are they possibly a mixed pair

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one is A2691XR, other is B5281. U5 and U8 also

I seen on another forum someone put 2 and 2 together and thought the codes were 26 for 260 duration, and 91 for 9.1mm lift. Which matches the spec of the type B cams odly enough. May be something in it, or may not. The other cam odly enough nearly matches also as 252 duration from the type A cam but there lift is 9.1 still...so not sure

http://www.rhdjapan.com/tomei-camshafts-poncam-rb25det-9161

·
tit
1,827 Posts
there for sale locally so i could stick a vernier around them if needed
ahh well then, mine do also have the lift and duration numbers listed under the engine code.

only paid £380 for mine delivered and thats new from the states.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts