Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted a new walbro 255 fuel pump to my r33 a while ago and since it feels a bit slugish and on start up it misfires when i try to accelerate it miss fires like f*@K. Seems to be worse when its damp. Could be to much fuel pressure or has it highlighted another problem?

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
hmmm possibly coil packs, this is the exact problem when they start to break down.

However you may get this if you were flooding the plugs?

do you still have your old pump to try

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
can you try another pump? the one you have may be faulty? not fitted correctly?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to say that after a few minutes the misfire problem disappears but still feels a bit slugish. Another thing i noticed today is that sometimes it will pull quite well and other times it will hesitate or feel a bit flat. No sort of pattern to it or external influences i.e weather factors or engine temps.Quite random.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't got another pump to try. Was wondering if it was worth changing the plugs as they've had good use. not sure what ones to use. It's running about(or was) 340 bhp with different ecu, Straight through exhaust, HKS super flow air filter etc. may start another thread for this one as i don't want to detract from the info needed on this one. unless anyone has a quick answer lol.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately not.only one other round my way and i think he's got a similar problem. I think i'll bite the bullet and buy some new ones. Wheres a good place to get some from at a good price?i.e cheap lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts