Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
recently bought some denso 550cc top feed injectors and im now in need of a rail, ive found a few on ebay but dont know whats what with them.
ive been told a R33 GTR fuel rail will work.... if so what else is needed?
ive found these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKYLINE-R32-R...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item56364711b6

and the GTR fuel rail

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skyline-GTR-R...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a02c11cad

with the GTR rail will i need to buy anything else? also info on the other rail will be apreciated.

thanks Andre

·
not mad just autistic
725 Posts
mate you will have more chance in asking for this weeks lottery numbers:rofl::rofl: ive asked on all the skyline boards and never get a straight answer all ive been told is the fuel rail wont clear the inlet ! im going to look into it properly myself after xmas for my mate as im going to get a greddy inlet for mine

if you want to sell those injectors let me know if you get bored trying to get them to fit lol

cheers jay

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i was told by jdm that it wont fit with the oem inlet manifold as they will be too high and foul the top half.

if you have a aftermarket manifold eg greddy then yes it will fit

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mate you will have more chance in asking for this weeks lottery numbers:rofl::rofl: ive asked on all the skyline boards and never get a straight answer all ive been told is the fuel rail wont clear the inlet ! im going to look into it properly myself after xmas for my mate as im going to get a greddy inlet for mine

if you want to sell those injectors let me know if you get bored trying to get them to fit lol

cheers jay
i did kinda think it was weird that id not had a response, if none of the above will work then what will? just want some info as i will need to change the fuel rail and im sure plenty on here have already done so.

i may sell the injectors if life would be easier with side feed or something simelar.:funny:

·
not mad just autistic
725 Posts
well pm me a price dude if you want

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was told by jdm that it wont fit with the oem inlet manifold as they will be too high and foul the top half.

if you have a aftermarket manifold eg greddy then yes it will fit
still have the oem inlet manifold so will i have any chance of getting thses top feed injectors to fit?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
why you changing the fuel rail?

is it just because of the injectors?

you can buy new 555's for 500 dollars from the us and get money back if you send your old ones back

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
still have the oem inlet manifold so will i have any chance of getting thses top feed injectors to fit?
if you think about it no

the feed for the rail will be on top making it around 15mm higher and it will either fould the manifold or you wont be able to put the top back on as they will be in the way of the bolts

·
not mad just autistic
725 Posts

not from what i can see but like i say i need to have a proper look but im guna put a greddy on mine

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

you can buy new 555's for 500 dollars from the us and get money back if you send your old ones back
yes because i have standard injectors and fuel rail at the moment.

ill be wanting to fit the bigger injectors when i get the new turbo along side the apexi power fc.

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will i be selling these injectors then lol....

·
not mad just autistic
725 Posts

if your talking about these

http://www.deatschwerks.com/catalog/index.php

then if you would bolt these on your car you dont value it very much .I have spent a fair bit of time researching side feed injectors and when looking into these there is so much about them sticking shut or packing up completely., even not working when they turn up ! but then they are a pikey oem injector convertion so i spose what would you expect

ive just got some 550 sards from japdyno fo £300 so thats me sorted lol

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive had a few tips to try so ill give them ago and then we will see what happens.

·
living the life
2,544 Posts
I have 550cc injectors that are brand new that fit the standard fuel rail . maybe we can come to some sort of deal . Its posible for myself to use either . would just need to buy one of those rails

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have 550cc injectors that are brand new that fit the standard fuel rail . maybe we can come to some sort of deal . Its posible for myself to use either . would just need to buy one of those rails
what sort of deal do you have in mind?

·
living the life
2,544 Posts
1st are yours new or used . Mine are stiil in box never used . Could just be a straight swap ?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
if your talking about these

http://www.deatschwerks.com/catalog/index.php

then if you would bolt these on your car you dont value it very much .I have spent a fair bit of time researching side feed injectors and when looking into these there is so much about them sticking shut or packing up completely., even not working when they turn up ! but then they are a pikey oem injector convertion so i spose what would you expect

ive just got some 550 sards from japdyno fo £300 so thats me sorted lol
yes those

plenty of people on here run them with no problems at all

1 - 20 of 28 Posts