Skyline Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just a thought for some of those planning Holset builds, can they make the manifolds with divided flanges?
I would be interested if a divided manifold is available.

Looks like they have listened and are now doing divided flanges.

I've asked to see what the price difference is.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/391632-steam-pipe-single-turbo-manifolds-on-fleabayanyone-know-anythging-about-this-supplier-and-their-products/page__st__300

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
XS power, japspeed (no longer stock them) and the one above are all the same cheap stainless steel stuff.

Pretty much the same top mount position, all of them are slightly different hence why you need to make up a custom turbo downpipe.
exactly why i asked, if you have a downpipe made for one of the manifolds mentioned above, and you have one of these manifolds from aus, can you check to see if the same downpipe fits please? you might get a few more sales if its a straight swap out.... although wastegate is definately in a different position so screamer or feed in will need to be adjusted

·
NBOOST
3,309 Posts
Making a downpipe to suit everyone is going to be hard though.

1 downpipe isn't going to fit all the different turbos that people are going to be bolting on. + if the flanges come with the T3 and T4 holes drilled like on some of the pics the list just got bigger if people put T4 footprint turbos on.

A downpipe realy isn't hard to make, you can get away with using quite a bit of your existing exhaust pipe.

·
RWD Enthusiast!
795 Posts
Stusy, I have went with an obx manifold it should be with me in a couple of days sorry. I really need to get a move on and get my car finished so I couldnt wait around.

On the plus side I will be able to review it and let other owners know the pros and cons and wether its worth getting :)

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
intersted in this, just not right now! can you wait a month?! i think most people will probably wont one of these around late September time when it comes late into the show season, and they still have a bit of money, most people will have just finished working on there cars and enjoying them in the "summer" season. Just my 2pence.

Price for a RB25det with a short piped 60mm wastegate and a V band please.

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Right Bump this 2 the top. Been stupidly busy with work over that last few weeks. So far only really 2 takers. 3 more and I could get them ordered.

I will say I bought the v-band clamp and it doesn't fit my wastegate and the wastegate I bought came with a weld on clamp so I'll have to grind this one off and put my one on.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
rb25 twin scroll twin gate available?
twin gate is not needed unless your running in the region of 700+bhp.

few people have single gate running 475-650bhp.

·
Reborn!
2,028 Posts
I got the 1st one that was sent over and its excellent value for money, i just got my car back on the road the other day and this is def the best thing i bought for it :)

41 - 60 of 83 Posts