Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, just doing a bit of research -

What's everyone's thoughts on Torque GT? I can seemingly only find good reviews on them around the internet which of course is good, so just finding some more info out for myself.

(If it makes a difference, I'm considering importing through them)

Also, another Q, what's the road tax on an R34 GTT?

Cheers

·
Born and bred in Singapore, nurtured in the UK
728 Posts
Hiya mate, bought a 34 gtt and an altezza from them and mike was very good. Always sorted things out really quick.I also sold my dc5 to them and it was a painless transaction.

Mike is a good guy and highly recommend him. Becos they know what the car is worth, they tend to be "a bit pricey" but hey I will pay slightly more for peace of mind.

Highly recommended.

Ron

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Agreed I imported through them not a bad word to say about mike. And yeh summin like £220 or £240 I can't remember now! Like ronzila said you might pay a bit more but they are good. Only place in the south west so if your down this way your a bit stumped without having to travel miles and miles!! After sales service is extremely good. Anything I've needed that I couldn't find he's always sourced for me.

A friend bought an s15 from him a few months before I got mine. His was already in the country but was a fresh import- barely a scratch to be seen it was mint!!

·
Seasoned Member
755 Posts
Had a r34 gtt and a Civic Type R EP3 from Mike also.

Very easy guy and great to work with. A little on the pricy side, but for the service you get and the aftercare should you need it is worth the money.

·
Born and bred in Singapore, nurtured in the UK
728 Posts
Importing by yourself is a hit and miss, although they are graded in Japan, you never know. I imported my facelifted DC5, 6 years back and that costs me £15K after all the duty and tax have been paid. Also i paid a deposit of £8K to get my documentation and a gear knob ( so if the car did not arrive i would have been left with an expensive gear knob and some useless paper) so you really need to know people or have someone in Japan look over the car for you first.( DOn't think many people have the luxury of that) I was pretty lucky bar the fact that it came in an ohlins suspension and from what i gathered was built for the Japanese road ( smooth like silk) so by the time I drove out of southampton, they were knackered. I think then Torque was selling the DC5 at £16.5K so you do save a bit but at a risk.

My recommendation is still to buy from them..saves any ambiguity or doubts plus you know you can go back to Mike.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
What ronzila said! You get 3 months warranty on the car so drive it as much as you can in those months and then any little problems that come about you can take it straight back and he'll sort it. My coil packs went within a month and he replaced them free of charge when they cost him just over £300 so you can't grumble at that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts