Skyline Owners Forum banner

TOTB 2015

17K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Andy Kain 
#1 · (Edited)
Right guys, it has come to mine & Keith's attention that this years RWD category at TOTB was basically dominated by the 300ZX boys, while they are in the Nissan stables we can't have that ��

So with that in mind I'm going to put together for 2015 a Skylineowners.com team that ideally contains 6 GTST's and 4 GTR's (although this could change)

To be competitive as a team all members need to compete in all 3 disciplines, 1/4 mile-top speed-handling so just being a drag monster etc won't necessary mean top points.

Ideally what I'm looking for is a car with decent horsepower with a well set up car with a driver that ideally has some decent experience on the track (handling & drag).

Now this is open to all members but I'd like to hear from those that are definitely up for it (bear in mind it'll be happening in July) with a car that is physical and running., not those who are currently building a car (you can go on the reserve list), GTST Owners that have run a sub 13sec run and GTR Owners that have run a Sub 11.5sec

So who's up for it??

Runners

GTST
Old git
Bruce-m
Kneesparks
Andy Kain
Moff
Rob_c

GTR
Peeko1874
Bonez59

See less See more
#4 ·
We've also got bones in his R32 GTR

#6 ·
Hi,I have considered this running as an individual.I would like to take part as a team member as it would give me the impetus to go.I think it is worth saying that before people say they will run there is a cost.Entry £200 I think,fuel,tyres,hotel and time off work for some.
I am sure our GTST's would be very competitive in RWD class although traction is not great on the drag strip.
Look forward to the updates.Cheers Eric.

#7 ·
Hmmmm
Could be possible. My car is certainly not setup well for drag even tho iv tried doing it a couple of times on standard road tyres @ 12.7. If I could borrow a set of MTs for my drag run that would knock a good .5sec off as my 60ft was 2.6secs!!
More details need mate.

#15 ·
How about you Tim??

#12 ·
I was there last weekend mainly to have a great weekend and drink beer (of which I did a bit too much of) but, one of my missions was to speak to as many drivers I could about their cars and set-ups as I have it in my head to enter next year.

Now, I thought I had a powerful car but some of these boys blew me away with their setup, that said though it has given me a lot to think about and a bit of time to decide what to do as I will need to start to make the changes now, that and recruit pit crew that will work for tea and custard creams :)

#13 ·
So could we count on you Andy?

#23 ·
i wish i could play

was checking out your car ,serious driving you got going on ,then when i read about the nurburgring envy set in hard .check out my car i just joined today and am considering the move to 500 rwhp ,but just getting some opinions from blokes like yourself before i dyno it again,as you will see its a wolf in sheeps clothing.thanks mate

#25 ·
Personally I didn't no, I had issues too numerous to mention on the car and it simply wasn't anywhere near ready. I did go though and had a great time as a spectator, also got lots of tips and tricks which I am working on now. Far too soon to say if I will be in TOTB 2016, but I am working towards it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.