Skyline Owners Forum banner

towing points on bodykits

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Boostjunkies 
#1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls

On my Spec 2 R33 GTST I have a TS front bumper and a Trial rear bumper....

I am thinking of doing some track days etc etc, but when I fitted my kit I had to take the Tow points off.....

Does anyone sell some aftermarket extended tow points or is there something else I can do incase I break down and need to be towed back.....

What has everyone else done and can you post some pictures please.

Paul42
:cheers:

#5 ·
the TRS tow straps need to be longer for the front mounting to fit properly as the mounting point to the chassis rail is along way from the front of the car and the alloy rear tow rings need to have the oe tow eye lowered and extended so you can fit it, otherwise you can only get one bolt to fit and it's crooked and to high and looks like poop
not that I have both here and tried both lol
Matt

#7 ·
Hi
I can get the TRS straps in bud but the Standard length are too short for our cars as the best place to bolt them too is about 10 inches from the front of the bumper,
As for the the alloy anodised tow rings I bought one to fit too ours but again our cars are abit strange on the oe tow points on the back which the ring bolts too,
so it needs extending downwards and lengthening and straightening to be able to bolt it too,
you could just bolt a Strap to the back but it looks odd :)
Cheers
:)

#8 ·
More info needed...

Okay guys someone out there with a no standard body kit must have fitted a tow point front and back, especially all the ones being tracked ....

so come on guys, ideas and photo`s would be great......

cheers boost Junkies, all else fails I will get soem straps etc form you and have play ...

paul

#9 ·
#10 ·
good idea

I just knew someone would know..... well I have emialed them to ask if they do them in red and if they are the longest they do.....

have removed both oe tow points, so may have to work somethinh out.... dont want to get caught out if heaven forbid I should break down...

cheers dubs...

Paul

#13 ·
longer is good

Let me know when you get the longer adjuatable ones in stock and if I am not sorted by then I wil have a pair, as bruv is looking to get one as well, so may buy 3 ...

thanks for info, not sure I read your response correctly the first time.... :sorry:

will pay more attention next time...

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.