Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
superb will be good day will be nice to get her round track again

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what lucky to have car done ??? its almost done just waiting for respray is prepped and primered etc and runs is bloody loud inside sounds awsome

lee

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shall wait to get it then

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
u have pm

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I have move this part of the thread as general chit chat makes people not want to view a thread....

you can chat all you want on this one about any track day...

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I have been advised that the track is swept, but as with any track there will be loose stones depending on if people dont stick to the tarmac! the best solution is to sticky the front of your car as best you can......

we will advise the layout of the day, but it will be along the lines of a morning session on a more twisty course and the afternoon to include the 2 mile straight, just so people dont get too bored!

This is in relation to Bruntingthorpe track day by the way!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry tiggs got confused i looked and thought i didnt post this !!!

no probs

·
Registered
101 Posts
I hopefully will be there too in my 200SX S13 with the 200+ Club... Please be Gentle all... Would be up for a top speed run in the afternoon too... Just hope i can stop.... :eek:

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Further to the disscussion on trackday insurance I phoned eggar lawson to get a quote they came back with this £132 for £10k of cover. I asked if they did anything cheaper perhaps just to cover panel damage and they said it was'nt worth it as you either don't have an accident on a trackday or you have a big accident! This day could prove expensive.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
I assume they take total value into consideration when the quote is issued,but I have no idea how they put a figure on it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Isnt the excess stupidly high on these track day insurance policys? Heard it was about £4000 :eek: Making it worthless unless you write the car off...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Maybe a 'group buy' on the trackday insurance - in other words if they took everyone !? Maybe this would increase the risk/premium :D

What is the situation re tyres - will I have some rubber left at the end of the day to drive 130 miles home ?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
tigger said:
I have been advised that the track is swept, but as with any track there will be loose stones depending on if people dont stick to the tarmac! the best solution is to sticky the front of your car as best you can......
Is there a supply of the right sticky stuff on the day ? Ie the stuff you can remove without taking paint with it! If not where do I get some?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts