Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4,143 Posts
17s id go for.depends on what brakes you will be using and what wheels.id have a light wieght set of 18s over cheap rubbish 16s

D

·
0 Posts
I used 18" for years on track days and loved em, If the tracks a good one they give alot more feed back, you can fit bigger disc's to :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
You could argue that the 18's would have a marginally greater contact patch than 17's. Have a look at your chosen tyre manufacturers website and see what the best tyre range is for a given diameter of wheel. Sometimes that will make the decision for you.

TT

·
4,143 Posts
that would be a good setup.sparco wheels are very light and r888 ive heard are the best road/track tyre.

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
We use 888 on our demo cars and they are a great all round tyre. Obviously they do wear a little quicker than the Toyo T1R`s. You`ll also find they are suprisingly good in the wet for a semi slick.

Richard

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info looking forward to our next track day,now which brake setup on std discs with red stuff pads at the moment.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeh go for the lightest forged wheels you can find - then put nice R888's on and you should be flying :D

R32GTR wheels are good cheap ones too as theyre pretty light and mega strong.

Hey your from S.wales - where to? You dont happen to have a Gunmetal R32 with silver wheels do you?

Butuz

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Butus, met green r32gtst we met at W.Wales meet, did you fit my old HKS panel filter.Hoping to be at sunday meet on 29th.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There's normally a big difference between a 17 and 18 wheel in terms of weight. Check the respective weights first.

Something like a Compomotive MO would be nice :)

·
4,143 Posts
i agree mo's would be nice.weight is the main thing as unsprung weight is bad it does afect handling alot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts