Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody got any usefull sites or contacts for a decent tracker plz? how much am i looking at price wise? and how easy/hard are they to fit?

ive got an insurance quote off direct line for £682 and im only 25, but they insist on a tracker to cover for theft

any help is much appreciated

cheers

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Hi,phone the alarm companies in your area,the firms that fit tracker have to be approved so you should be ok.Costs about £300 fitted and then it is about £130 a year to stay registered.I have monitered Tracker and it works.Cheers.

·
Registered
773 Posts
there are 2 types of tracker mate a tracker monitor and a tracker retrieve makesure you get a monitor mate not a retrieve best still if you can afford it get both

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
crossy whats the difference between the two then?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Hi,monitered is when your car moves without the ignition being turned on tracker phone you and ask if your car is ok.Retrieve is you have to inform tracker that your car has been stolen they then activate a track and inform police.Cheers.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi,monitered is when your car moves without the ignition being turned on tracker phone you and ask if your car is ok.Retrieve is you have to inform tracker that your car has been stolen they then activate a track and inform police.Cheers.
furrywoolyhatuk as above mate. when you have a retrieve you park your pride and joy up at night and when you wake up in the morning some thieving scum has took it and spent all night striping it. so by the time you have noticed its gone they have found the tracker and cut it out. with a monitor even if they move the car low loader, tow it ect they are on the phone with in no time at all.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I see, so if someone had a flat bed and came along and took it and you had a retrieve system you would come down the stairs, look out the window and its gone, by the time you call the police it could be in a steel container on its way to south africa or some where. So by the sounds of it monitored is the way to go. Thanks old git.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
sorry crossy you beat me to the post lol!

SO gazellis get yourself a monitored system!

·
Registered
773 Posts
sorry crossy you beat me to the post lol!

SO gazellis get yourself a monitored system!
I work for a body shop and we have had it before were they look for the tracker before taking the car when they find one they stop looking. my mate had a cossy with 2 on a monitor and retrieve they found the 1st and cut it out and left it on his drive for him. when the 2nd activated, the police found it in a lock up being striped and court them all.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
scum, the thing is I suppose if they want something they will do what they can. Good idea with the second tracker, did that require two subscriptions i assume?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers for that guys,

sounds like 2 is the way forward! it drops my insurance by £400 but sayin that it works out even after buyin the tracker!

is there a price on peace of mind tho lol

again, cheers for that peeps

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is the tracker system not being switched off in way of a new system soon.
not 100% on that but worth looking in to first

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
tracker

i have a number of trackers hidden in two different locations in my car
each tracker takes a sim card from any mobile network you choose....keep the sim topped up with credit...install the sim card into the tracker...programme the tracker...place the tracker in the car..keep it powerd up from any 12v power supply
1...i can ring my tracker any time i wish ...it will ring twice and then hang up
within 30 seconds the GPS co-ordinates are sent in txt form to my mobile...i can then go to google maps and pinpoint the exact location
2.... i can programm the tracker to send a text to my mobile when the tracker moves outside of its set GPS co-ordinates( ie..my house )
3.... i can switch the tracker to "voice monitor" from my mobile so if the scum bags are talking while driving off withmy car to a location i could pick up vital information( this i havent tested yet Thank God so i dont know how clear the voices would come through)
these trackers are not cheap and will not prevent my car from being stolen BUT may give me enough time to prevent said scum bags from breaking it up
Joe or Albert of Knight Racer are the Boyz who sell these trackers
hope this helps

1 - 20 of 22 Posts