Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get mine all lined up after ive fitted the hicas lock out bar but rang pro tyre and they wanted £130 + VAT which is alot more than i expected to be paying. I aint paying over the odds just cos its a Skyline.

Anyone used anywhere else in Bristol?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
thats about right since you need a proper 4 wheel alignment (not the usual 4wheel alignment where they only align the fronts to the rear), adjustments made to all 4 wheels for toe and then camber set too.

make sure you specify they MUST adjust the rear.. not just align the fronts to it..
(fukwits that did mine left one with 9degree toe in and the other side toe out! even though id told them it needing setting beforehand)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
there is a place in easton called c and c tyres if i remember and they have a new laser tracker there.they did my skyline for £60 would have been a lil more if the camber could have been adjusted but mine was fecked oh and they do a good job and cheaper than pro tyre
C & C TYRES
0117 952 0781

7 WARWICK ROAD
EASTON
BRISTOL BS5 0YQ

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
there is a place in easton called c and c tyres if i remember and they have a new laser tracker there.they did my skyline for £60 would have been a lil more if the camber could have been adjusted but mine was fecked oh and they do a good job and cheaper than pro tyre
C & C TYRES
0117 952 0781

7 WARWICK ROAD
EASTON
BRISTOL BS5 0YQ
have you removed your hicas? if not its not the same thing since it wont matter if they dont adjust the rears as theyre still controlled by the ecu.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
if your coming down the m32 heading into town come off at st pauls jct turn left and first left again traight on for a about 2 hundred yards and they are there the place doesnt look very good and a bit taty but the bloke that did my car said if i had any brobs after bring it back and they would recheck it i can say i never had to take it back

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice one bud, il take a trip down there when ive done the lock out bar. Would you recommend them to fit tyres aswel as ive got 2 i need fitting but im abit worried about taking then anywhere cos ive got stainless steel lips on my wheels so dont wonna get them scratched up

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
im not sure about the tyres mate never had any fitted perhaps pro tyre is the one for that as they have done loads and if they do scratch them they can sort it and they are just down the road

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess the money i save on the tracking/cambers i can afford to spend the extra few pennys on getting pro tyre to fit the tyres lol.

Cheers for the info maff

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the lockout bar on last weekend so went an got the tracking done today at ProTyre, the untouched front was out more than the rear lol.

Got it done nice an cheap aswel, under £50 for both

Nice guy down there (sam) who will look after us Skyline owners

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it definatly drives alot better now. Ass end hasnt got a single twitch now even when you try to get it round. Helps that ive got new tyres on the rear aswel lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts