Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think when buying a Skyline it is better to buy off a company that imports them or buy privately??

Any info/advice greatly appreciated..........

Daz.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Just bought my first one privately although it is fresh import. Begrudge paying big company mark-ups. Some of best ones about are probably on these forums though.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
The wait for an import is horrible - it seems to take forever and then there is the fear associated with the fact that you are buying a car from a picture and someone elses decription.

With hindsight I would certainly have bought a car already in the UK even though mine was better than I had ever hoped, there are so many potential costs with SVA, MOT.

R

·
0 Posts
I Agree

Buy privately from a club member, that way you know it has been well cared for.

Andy

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought mine from a dealer, he only had it 3 hours before I see it, it was still dirty from driving back from the dock. I bought it the next day, I did obviously pay more for it but I like the fact the dealer is local and I get warranty on it, but next time I get one I will definately get it off here - there is some good bargains to be had. Happy hunting.

LEE.

R

·
0 Posts
Warrantys

You can buy your own warranty from Warranty holdings, call them and they will quote you.

Rgds
Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts