Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have this now in place for you guys to discuss problems, spammers etc as per requested.
We will moderate this as we do all other Forums and will add input as the Admin/Moderators see fit

Keith

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Likewise- thanks for this section :)

Occasionally its nice to have the place to maybe share some info that could prove useful to other traders, admin, moderators etc etc

Chris

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
Coolio :)

Do we just use this thread for discussing any topics ?
anything you want from complaints to deals to giving freebies to admin :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
I have a point to raise :)

It is a topic that has come up with a couple of traders on here. Interested in peoples thoughts.

We are currently in tough times as we all know, with recession etc, and we have to pay to be traders on here.

Many Skylines are going abroad, so the market is shrinking

There are a good number of people breaking their own cars on their drive on this forum which is taking its toll on us traders. We have overheads and VAT to think about.

Is there a way we can reduce the number of private people breaking cars on the forum ? :)

I have some ideas :)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I really don't see how we can stop regular members breaking their own cars and selling them?

But whats your ideas bud.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
I really don't see how we can stop regular members breaking their own cars and selling them?

But whats your ideas bud.
Well. I believe I am correct in saying that so.com is a business ? :)

Also, is it correct that the reason a person would want to break their car is to profit more so than selling a whole vehicle, or they crashed it, and want to recoup money if they were 3rd party insured, engine blown etc etc ?

You could charge say £10 or £15 a month to anyone who wishes to break their car on the forum.

This amount is less than we we pay as traders to reflect they are not a business. This is also additional revenue for so.com business, plus as traders in a recession we are not hit by private sellers braking their own cars.

These are my thoughts :)

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I think the real issue is p/t traders posing as forum users. The forums are littered with them, the avoid paying their dues like us but reap the same benefits. We have had items arrive at our workshops from "under the radar" traders that have been bought off this forum. Perhaps its just me but I regularly scan the for sales, pointing out these traders but nothing seems to happen??

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Agreed I think its something that needs to be thought about. Especially when the prices are stupidly cheap just to cover themselves.

Maybe only break one car a year or something? But like Dave said there are some people secretly trading, maybe seeing a wanted thread and PMing direct or something?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Well. I believe I am correct in saying that so.com is a business ? :)

Also, is it correct that the reason a person would want to break their car is to profit more so than selling a whole vehicle, or they crashed it, and want to recoup money if they were 3rd party insured, engine blown etc etc ?

You could charge say £10 or £15 a month to anyone who wishes to break their car on the forum.

This amount is less than we we pay as traders to reflect they are not a business. This is also additional revenue for so.com business, plus as traders in a recession we are not hit by private sellers braking their own cars.

These are my thoughts :)
The problem there I feel is we are then heading down the road of paid membership.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I think the real issue is p/t traders posing as forum users. The forums are littered with them, the avoid paying their dues like us but reap the same benefits. We have had items arrive at our workshops from "under the radar" traders that have been bought off this forum. Perhaps its just me but I regularly scan the for sales, pointing out these traders but nothing seems to happen??
Whenever a potential trader is pointed out we always investigate, if we can prove they are trading PM's are often removed, warned and a ban can be implemented.

I really can't see how they reap the same bennifits, they don't have trader status, their own forum, no adverts and they can't advertise like a trader on here and other forums and social network sites as they'd then be found out.

If you think a part has arrived as you say 'Under th eradar' let us know so we can investigate, maybe post up a suspect member in here.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts