Skyline Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
I think you'll find we have some very high profile threads on here where we have confronted members who were traders. Have always fought to protect the traders on here too.
Look at any of the car forums and you will find members breaking cars. If they are a registered company, or if we suspect that the car turnover is excessive then we act accordingly.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I think the real issue is p/t traders posing as forum users. The forums are littered with them, the avoid paying their dues like us but reap the same benefits. We have had items arrive at our workshops from "under the radar" traders that have been bought off this forum. Perhaps its just me but I regularly scan the for sales, pointing out these traders but nothing seems to happen??

Like dave said this is a big problem. This site is not as bad as some gtroc is a joke for this there are people blatantly trading on there. I think that some thing needs to be done about this as this is happening on a weekly basis. Not saying this site is bad for it but is some thing that need to be kept a eye on

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I don't see a problem with your own car, because its usually a one off. Its when the person then breaks their mates car for them or their second car etc..

I totally understand there is only so much you can do, as you could break a car and sell it throughout the year without anyone taking any notice.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Point them out guys

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
But as we've always been and said we aren't ebay, we are a FREE Club.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
But as we've always been and said we aren't ebay, we are a FREE Club.
Completely agree on your sentiments there :)

However, if people are selling items to profit then should they pay for the priviledge is the question ?

OR

At what point is someone considered to be a trader or Trading ? :)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Yes they should pay if they are a trader/trading, there is no real black and white point in my eyes we (Mods/Admin) need to decide on each case if we feel they are a trader or taking the piss.

If someone decides to brake their car or has an accident and use that as a way of getting a better price than that's a bennifit of being in the club, if someone is braking 3, 4 or more cars a year then they are obviously clearly taking the **** and a trader and need to be paying fee's.

But like i've said guy's if you spot one or notice something dodgy, report it or post in here for us to investigate and sort out.

·
12,377 Posts
I banned someone earlier this month as he was a suspected trader and if i remember right it was one of you lot that reported it.
We try our best to keep an eye on the for sales/wanted section and if anyone is even remotely suspect it is brought to all of the admin/mod teams attention.
As said if you feel someone is trading then let us know.
Maybe there should be a new thread in here titled as " suspected traders " for all of you and us to watch over?
In my eyes someone breaking more than one car a year is either trading or is unlucky enough to HAVE to break it. There was a Scottish member that broke 2 cars within a year and both times was because of his bad luck rather than to turn a trade.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
Yes they should pay if they are a trader/trading, there is no real black and white point in my eyes we (Mods/Admin) need to decide on each case if we feel they are a trader or taking the piss.

If someone decides to brake their car or has an accident and use that as a way of getting a better price than that's a bennifit of being in the club, if someone is braking 3, 4 or more cars a year then they are obviously clearly taking the **** and a trader and need to be paying fee's.

But like i've said guy's if you spot one or notice something dodgy, report it or post in here for us to investigate and sort out.
Very fair comment Bruce. :)

As long as we are all vigulant, and work together, I think you have summed it all up.

I was voicing opinions of other traders to bring this to a discussion.

Good idea this traders area. Defo think if we all use this thread to discuss anything, and we all subscribe to it, we will all be kept informed of what is going on :)

How does this sound to all ?

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Guys just to clarify, i investigate ALL suspect ot potential traders, ive taken away more privileges this year than any other in order to protect your vested interests and the safety of members, we have banned numerous members for trading via pm's, and inevitably they register as a different member, so we start all over again in our search to have the perfect forum, as stated the gtroc is far worse and many more, its a fine line to decide who is/isnt trading, if you search the suspected individual closely enough as you report him, yr find they may have a project going and decide to go a different route as some ive banned have, if you do suspect anyone then report them and we will investigate them, failing that post the member/thread here and we will act on it.
As for charging members for breaking their car, its never been that way and as far as i know no other forum does this, i think if we act on that then the guys will got to other sites and potential customers will be lost.

Keith

·
Seasoned Member
244 Posts
Is there a chance to open up the trader section so that we can have a section for promotions, items forsale (new used)?

I find that I personally get very little views being stuffed in there.

GTRC and GTRUK both have an extra section as described. Would be dandy for this site to have one too. After all, we are not allowed to sale in the member section.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
That is a good idea.

Is there a way when we post a thread in our section we can have a check box or something to automatically add it to the trade for sales section ?

People might miss items, not expecting there to be a 'trade for sale' section

21 - 40 of 60 Posts