Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have a 1996 nissan 240sx and I just put an rb25det in the engine bay. The engine is in and everything works but i'm having some tranny problems. When I changed the engine I also changed the oil in the tranny but i only put 3 L of Penzoil 80w90. I drove it for a bit and noticed that the trany would get really hot and the car would not send any power to the wheels. Now I changed the oil with 3.8 L of Lucas 75w90 and it still feels like some of the power is still not getting to the wheels. Should the tranny be fine now?

Also for the other big problem is the overheating issue. My intercooler pipes are getting really hot and the top of the rad gets really hot very fast. I had the turbo heat shield off and now i put it back on but it looks like it's overheating even more now. I have a koyo rad and a push fan for cooling. Do I need to maybe get a bigger fan or duals? Can it be that the water is not circulating right through the engine and then back to the rad?

I know this is a lot of info but I cant weit to get rid of all these little problems and finish the project.

Drift!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts