Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
probs the most stupid noob question ever but i thought id ask :)

i have a 4door r34 that is a 2.5 neo n/a and a triptronic
now i dont mind the fact thats its not a turbo as it helps my insurance with me being only 23 lol, but i hate it being a triptronic !!!
if i buy a manual r34 box and all the bits that go with it am i looking at a expensive job ?
would i need to change anything with the engine like a remap ?

silly question maybe but it would really help me out

cheers guys

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what about the propshaft ? will it need to be remapped ?or have anything done to the loom ?

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
On my iPhone at the min but do a search under my name and type r34 conversion my thread will come up off a few years ago

·
Registered
108 Posts
Takes a day and a half max.

Dont change the brake pedal as its a tricky job and the std auto one is in the perfect position. Some people say change it but trust me its no more than 1cm off the clutch pedal. It just needs chopping down so the pedal is a smaller size.

The wiring caused us the most bother as I found nothing online about how it needs to be wired.

I will write up a wiring guide on here and its really simple to do.

The other thing people miss off is the fact you need an R33 loom to get the plugs from to connect the speedo, reverse and neutral switch.

Oh and the plastic surround where the manual stick will go can be left as the auto one. the manual R34 ones are gold dust. Just use the std one and put a £10 nismo gear selector sticker over the switch for the sterring wheel shift buttons.

Will cost you anything from £650 to £900 depending on what clutch you put in it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate too be honest I've put about 1k aside to do the job. The standard rb25de engine puts out about 200bhp so just a normal clutch would be fine

Many thanks for the info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts