Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows this for a great story...

about four years ago i came to live in the UK from Australia. got busted a few times for doing silly things in a car, like no seat belt, craked wihdscreen.

the police knock on my door last week, and have a warrant for my arrest. they take me up north where i used to live and i get disqualified for 12 months

this is the best bit though...... i paid for a Skyline to come from Japan three weeks ago and it is on the boat and i cant drive it till next year due to being stupid in my younger days

DOH!!!!!

(no coments on all Aussies being criminals:angel: )

E

·
0 Posts
What you been up to then?
More to the point why have you moved from Australia to NORFOLK:confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Blimey, well at least I guess you will still get to polish it!!

when I was younger, I pulled into a petrol station in my Daihatsu 4x4, and filled up with petrol. A manky fiesta full of capheads pulled in. Instead of using the handbrake to stop, they rolled into the back of my 4x4!! I shouted at the kid and he told me to eff off...ok, red rag to a bull...(was pmt also!)...went into shop and paid. Got back into the 4x4, slung it into reverse and shunted the fiesta off the forecourt...unfortunatley the kid was still filling up, and as he was shouting at me, forgot to let go of the pump which was still in full swing....to add insult to injury, when I pulled forward, my towhook had caught the front bumper and ripped it off...I made a very rapid, but satisfied, exit and promptly sold the 4x4 the following week.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi eddie

biggest wrong move was not knowing the laws when i got here, got pulled in a BMW (old banger stylie one) and the copper had a hard time beliving that i did not realise that insurance was compulsory, in aussie we dont have to have it....

then just a rew silly things and cos i moved around alot, never got the summonses in the post.

the reason i came over here is to teach Karate.. i have been doing it now for 6 years. started in Oz then came here did it in
Manchester, Sheffield and south east London (croydon really)
and my family now live in Norfolk and hence i came back to the roots... me poor old dad int the best like.

and now i am getting a skyline that i cant drive. strange that all my mates have offered to make sure it dose not sease up though:)

·
Registered
953 Posts
just quick one where do u teach karate in croydon i work with guy at l & c sevenoaks who does karate in croydon ??
easy just tune nuts of skyline

lee

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tigger- it happens

i say pulled by a cooper.

i was actually driving through longsight in Manchester with no back lights, this old astra behind me kept flashing to tell me that they were out so i waved to say i knew. but he kept on following and flashing. so me and my mate thought, right lets lose him, and put the right welly down, but he kept on.....

....next thing i know is four fully lighted up police cars in front of me and three behind me. i thought it was about time someone got rid of the [email protected] behind me. then over the loud speaker comes... get out of the car.

astra was CID thought i was a TWOCER very interesting first encounter with the UK police :angel:

-Reece-

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GTSM - i havent taught there for a good year and a half, but the club is still going and i had classes at Shirley, new addiscombe, Cheam, and one in Birley. But now i just have a little class in my little village life that keeps me happy.

The plan is to save up and tune the nuts of it indeed mate. but may sell this one and get a R34, not sure yet. i plan to come to some events like rockingham and have a look and a ride in some cars to get some inspiration, not that you need much when you get in a skyline

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eddie

T aken
W ithout
O wners
C onsent

ERS... someone who uummm TWOC's

hows that for you mate;)

-Reece-

E

·
0 Posts
Thankyou. I`ve been trying to figure that out for ages :)
I thought the letters must stand for something.

·
Registered
953 Posts
no probs im doing rockingham so come for ride

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GTSM - cheers mate would love to, where is rockingham exactly, Dirk told me it is the closest event to me here in norfolk but dont know how to get there exactly.

Eddie - your welcome mate
i only know because someone wrote to a magazine to ask the same question as you :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool, the A14 is just outside my little village,
thanks slippy and kevin

got some good news, the boat my skyline is on is due in a week early......Yay.

dont know how long it will take to clear and SVA but maybe if it is ready one of my mates will drive it up there

Fingers crossed.

Just have to become a member, can anyone PM where to send a cheque as paypal and nochex are not letting me in for some mad reason
Thanks

-Reece-

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Reece, I will pm you my address for the cheque....

Will also volunteer to drive your car if you like!!!:angel:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks Tigger

You are more than welcome to take her out on the track, if she is ready. i will keep you posted. it is only a GTST though so dont get to excited!!

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
ooooooh, I now have a Skyline to drive round the track .....sweet!! yeah, only lost my temper like that coz he dared to touch my car.....there was only one other incident like that, but I'd better not tell it otherwise you'll all think i'm crrrrrrrrrraaaazzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts