Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
That's a nifty looking bit of kit, anybody on here actually using one???

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does look very nice, and I think santa will get a letter request :dogpile:

If its comin off the plug OBD2 port the I think it works independantly of the power fc and the like.

Bling eh :boogy:

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Sorryf or the hijack - anyone know if these would work with an HKS ProV runing in 'piggy-back' mode?

I'm a bit confused as to how the Pro works with the standard ECU; somewhere along the line signals must be modified, so would this be shown on the Infometer? :confused:

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
if the HKS is wired in as piggy-back it will alter the signals while going from the sender to the standard ecu

so if the OBD port taps from the ecu then it should show

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info.

So (just to be sure I understand) the V Pro 'tricks' the standard ECU into doing what it wants by modifying its inputs, with the injectors and sparks etc. controlled by/connected to the standard ECU?

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
412 Posts
i've a greddy infometer, bought it when it came out, i used to have it in my 300zx, the main advantage is that its really plug and play. i'm finally upgrading to an apexi multichecker but it need splicing into the harness. i can highly recommend them as their a very funky and usefull piece of kit. plus if you remove your ashtray it fits perfectly in the gap

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
the V Pro 'tricks' the standard ECU into doing what it wants by modifying its inputs
thats the general idea for piggy back controllers

anything not bypassed through an aftermarket piggyback controller will remain controlled/connected by the standard ecu directly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts