Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's been a long while since I have had a Skyline that I could drive around, and my last one spent the most of the time that I owned it in a garage in pieces due to one unfortunate happening or another.

I was offered my new one for a steal and after parting out my old R33, I bought this one! Its in need of a few items to be road worthy, but with a bit of TLC it should be ship shape (hur hur R33s are boats).

Quick spec list:

1995 Nissan Skyline GTS25T M-Spec

• Standard engine with aftermarket turbo, unsure as to specs on turbo.
  • Link G1 ECU, no specs on previous tuning, but it pulls quite a bit harder than a factory one. Has a wastegate screamer that's blanked off on the manifold.
  • Large front mount intercooler, larger radiator, deleted AC.
  • R33 GTR front and rear seats.
  • Nismo dash.
  • Rota Grid 18x9.5 +44 all around with 235/35R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050s.
  • Unknown lowering springs.
First stage is to get it road worthy over the New Zealand winter, and I have a list which is fairly extensive already of items to take care of.

I have invested in buying every replacement bush for under the vehicle from Whiteline and SuperPro, uprated front and rear sway bars and front and rear strut braces. I have to repair a hole in the boot floor from rust, and repair a chassis rail where it was jacked up by a bottle jack. I also have to replace the front brake hoses, and rear shock absorbers. All pretty small things in the grand scheme really.

Will take more photos as I go, and maybe write some guides as I go haha.
m8uBzWaG.jpeg hyx68h-Q.jpeg 1o8XT0Kg.jpeg OwtVPoeQ.jpeg Sg4rezEg.jpeg m8uBzWaG.jpeg hyx68h-Q.jpeg 1o8XT0Kg.jpeg OwtVPoeQ.jpeg

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back and your new car is a great base in which to build on
Hey thanks, it's been quite a while since I have had a working Skyline so I am very much looking forward to being able to drive this one around!

I'm finally going to be able to start getting into working on the car this week, and I'm going to be taking it to get some pictures done of the chassis damage from the bottle jack and the boot floor so I can get them priced up to be repaired. Luckily I know a guy can do these repairs for me as I'm not the best with body work and I want it done properly.

The panels on the car are a bit of a strange one, I'm 99% sure its a series 1.5, being a 1995 and it has series 1 headlights, and spoiler, no airbags but series 2 ignition coils (can't be sure though as it's running a Link ECU). The previous owner put a series 2 bonnet and front bar on it, but left the series 1 headlights, so its a bit of a mash up. I'm trying to decide if I should go full series 2 with replacing the headlights and the rear spoiler, or put a GTR kit on it with a series 1 bonnet.

But first things first, I'll be doing a complete service on it, and hopefully sort out the intermittent misfire it has. I also have to replace the front brake hoses, replace rear shocks, and replace the underside bushes. I'll also be purchasing a Walbro fuel pump, Tomei FPR and installing my Nismo 555 injectors before getting it retuned, just so I can have a reliable base to work with. I've given myself a 5 month time frame on that as I want the car on the road by my birthday in July!

I have factory M-Spec R33 coupe side skirts and rear spats to put on the car but they were from a previous build and will need to be painted to match, or since I will be changing the cars colour at some point I might just plasti-dip them white for now (don't know about that one!) and mount them.

·
Terry
1,914 Posts
Oddly enough when I got mine it had spec 1 grill and headlights although it was a spec 2. It didn’t really notice too much but when I spotted it (eventually) it irritated the heck out of me so I changed the grille and lights to spec 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts