Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a very long break with little interest in the Old Skyline, I mustered up some interest to start tinkering again. If there's any interest, I can share what I've been working on in order to try an ignite the love for the beast? Although appreciate most folk use FB etc these days.

·
Administrator
25,947 Posts
i always look for your updates mate,loved the dash one you done very recently :)

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i always look for your updates mate, loved the dash one you done very recently :)
Not really posted much of what I've been pottering with Steve, even on FB.

I've upgraded the turbo housing and core from GT42/GTX45 to a modified GT42 housing with GTX47 core.

I then renewed the full nitrous system, the old system taken from Rocket Ronnie's car was out of date and very crude. The new setup can manage more than 5 times the nitrous delivery by changing the jetting at the solenoids rather than at the nozzles.

As you've seen, I've been busy programming the C127 digital dash, I'm still making small adjustments but it's almost finished. I'm now looking at making a Bullet PAL Camera input to display rear view on the dash under 2 conditions; 1) Reverse Gear and 2) Pushbutton Selectable so that I don't have to have the stereo open to view rear view on the move.

Next on the plan is to incorporate the 4WD control into the dash. It has G-Sensors inbuilt so it can be used to control the 4WD system as I've already deleted the Attessa. I have been using the Full Race ETS Pro but it can be a bit of a pain at times.

Moving on from the 4WD control, I've already installed the GPS sensor 10Hz input to the dash and currently use the signal for the dash clock of all things. The intention is to set up a launch control table using the GPS as ground speed to allow the slip angle to be calculated - hopefully it'll help reduce my 60ft times a little as, although they're not actually too bad (1.58s), I've only been using crude 2 step launch and brute force. Thankfully the Tilton clutch flow control valve now sacrifices the clutch rather than snapping the input shaft so the pneumatic automated/paddle-shift holinger gearbox has been fine since that mod; pulled it back out and the inspection looked like brand new!

I must be getting old though, the damn thing is too loud for me when not driven hard. :drivin:

·
Terry
1,910 Posts
See this is what this forum is all about and should still be about. Guys tinkering with stuff and posting up their findings etc..it gives encouragement to us that have had our skylines for several years and wants s to keep making improvements... I can't stand Facebook...

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a massive fan of FB to be honest - I only really use it to update my son's karting page these days.

·
Administrator
25,947 Posts
Not a massive fan of FB to be honest - I only really use it to update my son's karting page these days.
i really need to get down again and see your car in the flesh and drool at what has been done lol

and im following your son on fb and he is doing amazing and cant believe how good he is and how much confidence he has you must be very proud.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Shame there isn't more activity around here these days. I wonder if the increasing rarity of our cars will spur renewed interest?

@Tyberious - you had that green engine cover right? That was an epic build.

I should really update my build thread after years of neglect...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts