Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Big computer nerd
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have had my NA off the road for the last 3 weeks, during this time i have been working on fitting forced induction to her to increase grin factor.

The story goes......
After my last 33, that was an auto AND... did 2 gearboxes AND basically annoyed me so lost my rag AND ebayed it :Uzi:, but i missed the old girl. I went through a few other cars, mitsi and an impreza but i missed my 33. So when i got the chance to get a cheap NA 33 i thought why not!

Its a great car and if you beast it it goes well however in the low end if feels a little boring, according to butt dyno that is. So to get a bit more low end torque i though, forced induction is the way forward (or nitrous but the misses wouldnt let me), after getting a 5th gen etton m45 roots charger i thought fitting it may be a mare so mmmmm turbo maybe. A few cheap bits came up thanks to trusty ebay and a few good members on here and 3 weeks later i have a running turbo rb25, bearing in mind the comp ratio is NA so low boost is in order and i need to work on my fueling but initial running stationary sounds awesome, finally my RB sounds like what god intended.

I have a fair amount to do yet but i will put a full thread including pics on what ive needed and what ive done, over the years ive gone down the forced induction route on various flavours from FTO v6 lumps and various fords.... at least with this the basic RB25 lump comes with everything you need to turbo it and its a nice engine to work on.

I'll bang a build thread up over the next few days but had to say a big thanks to Snakypaintbrush for bits including annoying little pipes and the stuff you take for granted and the other members for advice in general, just the odd thread here and there really has been a good source of knowledge.

So big thanks to all

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
could go more,but the parts i'm selling are not selling enough and cannot afford to buy a wider range so my car will be up for sale soon and if it don't sell i'll break it up,but good luck with the build drop me a pm if you need any info

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
i'm selling it because i cannot warrant the running costs mainly insurance,and the fact i bought it as a toy and when i was working i would think nothing of burning a tank of v power and a pair of tyres in a night,but i have no money for that,but yes i would have the same again and turbo it or maybe turbo a gts4 na,if the money comes back

·
Big computer nerd
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know the feeling pal, the reason i have done this is i have been showing my little 7 year old boy how to work on an engine etc so its also been a bonding thing lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts