Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ello chaps its ben again, rite i hav a pretty much standard r33 gtst, ime wanting to run around 300 to 350 bhp.#
can i hav a list of thing i will need to achive this???

many thanks ben

·
Registered
746 Posts
Nice free flowing exhaust (turbo back), nice intake, boost controller, mapable ECU should get you depending on current health of your engine :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ben

i currently hav a 3 inch turbo back and ince induction
wot boost controler should i go 4 and ecu, is it worth gettin a apexi fc
cheers

·
Registered
746 Posts
I will assume its de-catted aswell then?

I hear the Greddy Profec B Spec 2 is a good little controller, I have used mainly HKS and Blitz in the past with good results. I would always recommend a Power FC as I think there great little units :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ben

yer ok m8 cheers, yer its de-cated, and wot boost will i need to run for 300 bhp,
and take it the ecu will need to be re mapped

·
Registered
746 Posts
If its the standard turbo most GTS owners recommend running no more then 0.85 bar and yeah the ECU will need to be mapped.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
You shouldn't really need a new ECU ala PFC to get that sort of power. Would only splash out on that if you are likely to go for new turbo/injectors/AFM in the future.
Full exhaust including elbow and down pipe, everything else in ggod shape with boost set to .85 on an EBC should see you around the 300mark.
A basic piggyback like the SAFC set up on a dyno should help things along a little more too.

·
Registered
746 Posts
You shouldn't really need a new ECU ala PFC to get that sort of power. Would only splash out on that if you are likely to go for new turbo/injectors/AFM in the future.
Full exhaust including elbow and down pipe, everything else in ggod shape with boost set to .85 on an EBC should see you around the 300mark.
A basic piggyback like the SAFC set up on a dyno should help things along a little more too.
Your right, although a PFC would certainly help to make the 350bhp mark at that stage. Also from experience, once mapped well it doesnt matter about figures tbh, a well mapped PFC will make the car feel much more natural (if you know what i mean) through the whole rev range. Faster throttle response, more mid range torque, pull stronger from lower down etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts