Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 1992 R32 GTR with 115k kms on it. I only have the car about 2 months or less.
Obviously i want to get it mapped right for our fuel and was hoping to do a few mods while i was at it.
I will be using an Apexi Power FC and planned on doing the following mods:
Fuel Pump (Tomei?)
Fuel Pressure Reg (Nismo?)
Decat (Abbey?)
Turbo Elbows and/or Downpipes or the TrustGreddy combo!?
Should i upgrade turbos/injectors and AFMs now? or will it be necessary?!
And what would you recommend?

I currently have Cat back system, HKS inductions kits which i may change for Apexi, HKS EVC 3, R34 turbos FMIC and hardpiping and an Upgraded clutch (possibly HKS twin or triple)

Also, i want to change the Timing belt, what else should i replace other than belt and tensioner and idler? Are adjustable cam pulleys worth it at this stage without doing cams?

Any advice on what else i should or shouldnt change is greatly appreciated!!
Alan
( i know im not the first to ask all these Q`s but dont hate me!)

·
Registered
124 Posts
ok sounds like ya heading in the right direction mate, as fopr make of parts, that down to you, and how deep ya pockets are, the easy way to tune ya car with out waisting money is, how power are u looking for? and how much u think u will be happy with for a time? i wanted 600bhp, so i slowly looked for second hand parts, like turbos and cams, injectors, got them all checked out, but saved a massive amount just on those parts alone, then went a little ott on the fuel system, but i know if i wanted 1200bhp, the fuel system could deliver the fuel. so what power ya want? then its easy from here on in

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know how much i want!
I was thinking il be happy with 400bhp, but the more i think about it, the more 500 is tempting me!

·
Registered
124 Posts
well, to get 400bhp out a gtr, u dont have to do much at all mate, intercooler and oil is a must with any power just to be safe, a good boost controler, if i was u' id get a AEM with map sensor, then u can chuck ya AFM's in the bin, and run a good blow of valve, i really cant remember if the stock turbos will make that power or not, think they will but they will be running at there max. suddenly u have 400bhp, and the right start for bigger power as time goes past. dont think u will need a better fuel reg. but if u want then u can, another thing that will let u run bigger power and never have to change it. Do this first, then see how it feels, when ya want more and trust me u will, then u can and u aint waisted a penny.

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
the tubbys should be good for it as youve the 34 tubbys yeah? and 400 is very easy to get from a gtr as the lads said, and you might as well do the injectors if your getting the power fc as its better to run a little rich than a little lean ;) deffo go with the apexi intakes allows the air to pass in cleaner and better than the hks. get the avcr or the boost controller for the power fc if you can, where are ya from in ireland? if its around dublin nick in cda will look after you for the power fc tell him **** than used to have the 33 skyline sent ya ;)

welcome to the forum and get moddin :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts