Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FTO
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering about this. For those that have done it or looked into it, is tuning worth it?

Currently the exhaust has been done and it has a K&N panel filter. Can much be expected in terms of power and even reduced fuel consumption? I notice alot of places do not mention they can do GTs but they all offer the tune for Zs, same deal?

Sorry for being total noob but I see plenum spacers mentioned alot. Any good reading on them?

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
You can add what you like, but unless you remap the ECU you wont see any gains, the only mapping software that I know of is the US Up-rev, you can go stand alone if you know a decent mapper, but the gains are minimal like most N/As.

With the right parts you can see up to 300 flywheel BHP from the factory 276BHP.

·
FTO
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds alright. Will look into it once new rims are on her.

Sorry gonna fire a few more Qs rather than starting a topic. Will the remap delimit the 180km speed cap? If so, what speeds are they capable of?

Now an unrelated question. Best way to take off from a still start? So much torque that the wheels always spin!

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
The Up Rev software can remove the limit, as for launch you will just need to perfect you method IE not use to much RPM and slip clutch, however this will cause premature clutch wear.
Of course the other option is to fit a stand alone ECU with its own launch control.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree with what Tricky says in regards to the mapping an Uprev seems to be what most people are using, especially if you go to Abbey or Horsham. Also, like Trick said whatever mods you add, you won't see gains until its re-mapped. But, if you are going to map, maybe it would be cost effective to do some intake mods as well.

Depending on the year of your car, personally, a motordyne plenum spacer, Nissan Z-tube, and oem 2006 air box with a velocity stacker to complete the intake portion. If you have a rev-up engine, then you may need the motordyne plenum as well. I figure if you are going to map it and you have the exhaust take care of, you might as well do the intake portion too.

As far as speeds, I did not know the Japanese specs had a limiter. I have a US spec and I did not have a limiter. So, without any mods or mapping I could push a 156-157mph steadily on the German autobahns. Above 145 its takes a bit of climbing to get there, but you can hold those speeds if the roads are clear.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Just to point out the JDM Skyline 350GT V35 never got the rev up engine, they just went straight to the HR version in the V36.

And yes about 155 is the limit.

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
I found out last week my 350gt has a impul map, all done in Japan, so as yet I've not a clue what the gains are etc.

need to get it onto a rolling road and see :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts