Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how much of a difference is there between the exhaust flange on a hks 2835 and the japspeed turbow elbow.

I want to but just the turbo, oil and water lines.

Was also thinking about building my own turbo elbow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can someone tell me how much of a difference is there between the exhaust flange on a hks 2835 and the japspeed turbow elbow.

I want to but just the turbo, oil and water lines.

Was also thinking about building my own turbo elbow.
Not that this really answers your question but the only 2 things I am aware of are.

1: The HKS turbo has a wall separating the gases from the turbo & waste gate where as the stock GTS turbo doesn’t hence the Japspeed elbow has the bolt on block to separate the gases to aid spool up.

2: The bolt pattern the GTR has a 5 bolt elbow & the GTS has a 6 bolt one so make sure you get the correct version of the 2835 to match up the elbow although it won’t matter if you make one.

Regards

Craig.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Completely different housings.
At the time of my install, no flange gasket was available for the HKS dump.
I am absolutely no expert but there are many housing outlets depending on housing size (AR) available for the 2835 including 4, 5 & 6 bolt that I am aware off but I have never seen your type before what size is your turbo ?

As I understood it conventionally the RB25DET uses the GTS type 6 bolt kit see link below which fits straight on. The 6 bolt HKS elbow will also fit the stock turbo but as I mentioned before you have to use the bolt on gas separating dam that comes with the elbow.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HKS-GT2835-Pr...ryZ10402QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
96 Posts
2835 ProS

In the HKS GT2835 Pro S with the T3 flange, there is the 0.68 and the 0.87 A/R housings.
I have both and they have identical flanges for the dump.

The HKS GT2835R has the T25 flange and offers about 5 A/R trims.
I'm unsure how its dump flange looks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts