Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on taking off my turbo 2moro as i have some snapped off studs. Do i need to replace the turbo to manifold gasket when i do this?

Any advice on removing the turbo and what are the best techniques for removing the manifold to turbo bolts (dont want to snap them too!!)?

Thanks
J

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Depends how long its been on there, but personally for the sake of £8 i'd definately do it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bruce-m!! I have sourced one from rising sun but being impatient to get the car back on the road. But yeah as you say i think i will for the sake of £8! means waiting an extra day........ noooooooooo:crazy:!!

i think i may love my skyline far too much:eek:

J

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All went really well! turbo off! the gasket from turbo to manifold was in dam good condition! Just got to put the thing back on!

Any on know the fluid capacity of the coolant tank? i have a 93 series 1 r33gtst.

J

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
i filled 6 litres after my turbo swap, not all had come out and i have a GTR

actually i didnt know what was leaking at first but when i removed the manifold i saw it had been leaking on boost, i didnt have a spare so just cut a new one out of some old gasket paper i had and it works fine

given the choice id have a new stock one anyday though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts