Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Worth

having if there's a likely hood of crap getting into the oil I reckon! I personally reckon I don't need one as my engine is pretty much stock (I think) and I don't boost that high, so I can't see why any sh*t would get into the oil. (unless there is something really wrong I don't know about)

Having said that, good protection if crap does get in there.

However, I reckon I'd rather the turbo blew thru clogged oil lines as a symptom of something else wrong (allowing the oil to be full of sh*t) than having the turbo saved by a filter, and the rest of the donk blowing up/seizing.

Just my tuppence worth, and not necessarily worth that much!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i always have a good snout through my old oil after changes and its usually almost as clean as the day i put it in...yep i oil change about every 1000-1500 miles...but the filters i've been looking at filter to 25 microns whatever that means...hmmm what does 25 microns equate to in say mm???

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
25 microns

in an oil filter?? Jeez! That 25 time the square root of f-all! Pretty fine considering its oil!

can't remember off the top of my head how big (small!) a micron is, but needless to say its pretty small!

·
G-SPORT DRAG GTS
231 Posts
The hair from a Human is approx 50 Micron ....

G.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts