Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my r33 gts mapped to run 1.1 bar with the spec at the bottom of the page. However just recently I have not been able to get more than 0.7 bar of boost.

The car seems to run fine at lower boost but won’t get over 0.7 bar. Even if I remove the boost line to the actuator the car will noot boost past 0.7. Initially I thought it was a boost leak but I tested the system up to 1.2 bar with a compressor (blocked the intake) and it held 1bar of boost with no problems. I have checked the preload on the actuator and tested to boost controller and all seem to be working fine. I am running out of options, has my turbo got a mechanical problem, there seems to be no other option

Dyno’d at 357.5 at the hubs running 1.1 bar.

HKS induction kit,
HKS intercooler and piping,
HKS downpipe,
De cat,
Blitz realise tt straght through cat back,
Custom aluminium intake pipe,
Sard 550cc injectors,
HKS GT2535 turbo,
Z32 Afm,
Blitz electronic boost controller,
Sard R2D2 BOV,
Apexi power fc and commander,
NKG Iridium plugs – 0.7mm
Walbro 955 fuel pump

Cheers Dan 07979 50 70 80

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only just fitted the turbo and it looked fine. If it had come off completally then it would be really laggy right? It boosts fine on low boost.

Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
It could have become slightly dislodged not allowing full boost.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
i have just had the same problam with mine, i recantly fitted a performance down pipe and it seemed to hapen after that was fitted ,so yesterday i took it of again to find that the pop off valve had been touching the downpipe not allowing it to close fully and not give me very much boost, out came the dremmle and its sorted now and what a difference ....

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
What is your blow off valve set to? Could it be leaking maybe and therefore making you loosing boost? Just a thought...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BOV is checked and is fine. I have recentally fitted a new elbow so perhapse this has shifted and is stopping the wastgate penny from shutting properly. It did work for 2 months though! I hope it is somthing that simple.

If the turbo is nackered what is it likley to be - bearings or blades?

cheers from the input guys, I will check the penny 2morrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts