Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange one this, When i pull the throttle body, and let it go, i can hear the turbo rattle. Its sounds like i have left a bolt loose and the washer is rattling, but i havent, lol.... On spool up its fine, just as soon as i let it go? Now i think about it i havent heard my standard recirc, but am not sure. But the turbo has been machined out so not sure when its supposed to be heard??. I will be checking it all tommorrow... I dont think its play as the turbine was solid, didnt move at all........
Any ideas before i have a look????

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changed it Richard... Braided hose...

????????

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
You should still hear the std dump valve going off as normal.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so it may be sticking??? causing the air to push back through the tub and cause the rattle?????? i will have to have a listen tomorrow...

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody help?!?!?!

Im getting really wound up with it now... The recirc seems fine as when pressed its spring back down, but i cant hear any whooshing noises?!?!? All hoses are fine no cracks.... The turbo has no play what so ever as i took the filter arm off, spun it round and its fine??!??!?! If the recirc wasnt working wouldnt it be chattering?!?!??!

Bit more on the rattle... It only seems to do it after 2k and it rattles as soon as i take my foot or finger of the throttle. But dies down straight away?!?!?

:confused:

Stumped is the word... :)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Probably just something lose, get a garage to check it out!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm, but driving when the car is stripped..... :doh:

Good job a garage is only down the road... Ill take it down tomoz....

Thanks for the reply...

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you find out what it was mate? Mine has started doing this since i got my screamer pipe fitted.
Yes buddy...

The divider on the elbow kept working loose as the threads are a tad big so the little bolts work there way out causing the divider to rattle when throttle is touched.. Solution - I got rid of the screamer, lol.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Yes buddy...

The divider on the elbow kept working loose as the threads are a tad big so the little bolts work there way out causing the divider to rattle when throttle is touched.. Solution - I got rid of the screamer, lol.
Ahhh thats what my mechanic said he just had a look. Think im goin to have to get rid of it :( goin to miss it though.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahhh thats what my mechanic said he just had a look. Think im goin to have to get rid of it :( goin to miss it though.
I dont, lol... I forgot what it sounds like to have a normal exhaust note... And it sounds sooooooo much better....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts