Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, i've got a newly refurbed larger turbo to fit to my r33 gtst.

1 - if i run this at the same pressure (0.85 bar) as the standard one, am i right in believing that more air will be pushed through and therefore make the car run lean?

obviously this would be bad lol

a remap would however sort this out, i know

2 - could this be run at a lower boost pressure?

would not be for long as i only want to get everything settled, check for leaks etc before going for larger injectors/z32 afm and hopefully 400+ bhp.

car is currently stage 1 with the rsp stage 1 ecu.

3 - got a stainless manifold to fit, should i heat wrap it? and if so are all heat wrap tapes the same stuff or are some better than others?

thanks
wildboy:cheers:

·
Registered
238 Posts
i fitted a rsp 400bhp turbo out their kit and took it for a little spin out nothing to harsh to see it ran ok then left it till i got everything fitted to get it mapped, ppl on here sayin better to be safe an get it mapped before thrashing it as it could run lean an burn summat out but its up to you but i would get it sorted first before driving to avoid any damage just my opinion, stoz

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies guys.

really only want to get everything fitted myself before driving down to rsp for a remap.

no thrashing in mind but rsp is couple hundred miles away so its gonna need to run off boost for that sort of distance without killing anything lol.

good to know yours ran fine, cheers

wildboy

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
i ran mine in on the base map with n1 turbos, stock injectors and maf's, was fine did 1500 miles like that, but never went over 4000rpm really and obviously never gave it the large (or in fact any boost at all!)

be fine, just nurse it along steady

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
as ppl say - keep it off boost as much as possible (ie completely if you can) so in effect its running like NA then get it mapped.

just as a thought guys and not wanting to hijack the thread, but I'm going from a td05-18g tub with about 340-380bhp and about the same level or torque with front entry plenum to gtr greddy plenum and gt3076r tub. any initial thoughts on me driving it off boost to the rollin road? I'm just curious if anyone who has a greddy gtr style plenum found any strange issues with the idling, running etc when they fitted it?

ta
ant

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
running/idling issues are a concern of mine too.

gotta fit greddy style plenum - stainless manifold - new turbo - japspeed downpipe/elbow. that lot at once will probably affect things quite a bit?

·
Registered
238 Posts
if your fitting bigger injectors i was told not to try an drive it due to car not bein mapped for bigger injectors as this mite flood then engine dunno if it true but i had to push me car on a tilt trailor was knackred, so i fitted everything for mapping to 400 an trailered to rsp :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if your fitting bigger injectors i was told not to try an drive it due to car not bein mapped for bigger injectors as this mite flood then engine dunno if it true but i had to push me car on a tilt trailor was knackred, so i fitted everything for mapping to 400 an trailered to rsp :)
i was going to get larger injectors and z32 afm fitted at rsp before remap hopefully. might speak to them first i think, just to make sure like.

cheers
wildboy:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.