Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have posted up a thread before on this issue, but i haven't had much solutions to it.

I have an issue where my turbo screams loud when i step on it hard past about 4-5000rpm. I just need some advice on how i can fix this issue and also if anybody knows what the cause is. Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been told it might either be:

The gasket between the exhaust manifold and turbo exhaust housing is blown

or

Those 4 nuts that connect turbo to manifold are loose

or

Turbo is ****ed

So hope its not the turbo being ****ed. What could it be?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it was to be the gasket, would it affect the boost by any chance as it is between the turbo exhaust and the exhaust manifold???? Because i am having no boost problems as its pulling fine. Could this rule out the gasket being blown??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey im posting up my first message to this thread because coincidently i have the same issue or effect should i say. Mine tends to scream abit in lower revs than ][R33][Turbo does. I would very much thank any helpful response to this too.

And would the nuts being loose really cause such screams from the turbo?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Due to the heavy rain i couldn't really show the mechanic the exact "loud" screaming noise coming out of the turbo at high rpm. But he thinks its nothing and its normally boosting. Also he added in that its the BOV that makes that loud noise, but i personally think it shouldn't be a SCREAM, it should be more of a cool noise effect. So i think his a lost case.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i had a screaming turbo once... well i dont know for sure if it was the turbo or the recirc valve. just know that it came from under the bonnet when the engine was under load after the boost started to kick in.

wanna know how i fixed it?...

i took it on the highway and stomped on teh gas till it stopped screaming.

im guessing it was a faulty recirc or it was worn a little from its previous owner. i fixed it with some spirited driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts