Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to one and all
i have a simple qustion:screwy: me thinks a not so simple answer!
i have toad alarm system(Ai606)..pretty standard..anti-hijack and so on
i want to invest in a turbo timer..and remember somebody saying something that i could not use a turbo timer with certain types of alarms...surely this is not true.....:disappointed:

any help
kieran
www.awesomegtst.bebo.com

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
I have the same alarm as you, and i had to remove my turbo timer as i was told it wasnt compatable, and insurance companies don't like them anyway. Basically, cat 1 alarms have ign and fuel cut, so if you arm the alarm it's gonna cut the fuel supply. I believe there are alarm systems that can be used with a turbo timer, but i have no idea which ones.

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats very helpful ChrisC..thanks a million...
incidentally....could add a gps tracker to my original system..in the event some F****R steals it???

kieran
www.awesomegtst.bebo.com

·
Registered
760 Posts
The clifford is about the only alarm that will let you use a turbo timer with it, an it will be a clifford turbo timer aswel, not just any turbo timer! You can get out an lock the car with the car running an once the engine stops the alarm will automatically arm its self! You can have it on the cat 1 or the cat 2! Other than that you can use another turbo timer with an alarm but you will have to stand there entil the engine turns off entill you can set it! Personnally i wouldnt bother with a tracker, i know people who have spent loads of cash on them an there cars have still never been seen again, if they wont it they will have it mate an once its in a container you have no chance of finding it!

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok Guys ...cheers for all the replies.....no turbo timer....no tracker....:dogpile:
how about auto start/remote start...Chris C ..tell me you have auto start added on to ur system...cmon...i want a new toy!!!:boogy:

kieran

·
Registered
760 Posts
If you get a certain clifford alarm you can have what the f**k you want on it, start, head lights, heaters etc etc

·
Registered
311 Posts
Clifford concept 650 mkII my dear boy. It will almost make the breakfast in the morning its so good!!! I'll be putting one in my car shortly bud. Not going for the engine start stuff though. The way i see it, the more cables runing through the car the more chance there is of things going wrong. I'm looking at getting the proximity sensors, central locking and turbo timer(hks turbo timer for sale soon!!!). Its not cheap but i'm a paranoid barsteward so at least i'll have peace of mind

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yeah thats the one mate, an i totally agree with everything you have just said! If your insurence aint fussed about the alarm you can just have the alarm for almost under half price but with out the cat 1 certs! The set up your going for is exactly what iv got!

·
North Wales Area Rep
370 Posts
I have a concept 650 on mine and it is fantastic,had the clifford turbo timer set to 1 minute and kept my existing t/t which can run up to 3 for the days when it gets some serious stick,can't lock it with the original t/t running but saves sitting in the car waiting for it. I live in the hills in Wales before someone says anything about leaving my car running and not being in it hehe

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have a clifford alarm with proximity sensors, bonet protection, black jax anti hijack, central locking and auto door lock. think is on the recipt for it it says a clifford turbo timer has been installed but i dunno for the life of me how to set it, anyone got any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts