Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
upgrade options

hello

I have been looking at increasing the BHP.

currently I have an after market exhaust system, and induction kit - havent rolling roaded yet.

Want to get the car over 300 and then onto 500 (plans) in the next year or two or three maybe four :D

was wondring if this would do the job -

uprated full pump
FMIC
De-cat
boost controller set at 0.80
down pipe

Wil i need an upgraded turbo is there a BHP point were the standard one need to be replaced would a T3/T4 turbo and would it be worth upgrading to or should i got for a T5/ T6 - not sure ont he differences

is 0.80 the ideal boost setting?

is there anything else i should put on the shopping list.

cheers in advance

lee

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Didnt notice a induction kit on there, but with with your mods @0.80bar you should break the 300bhp barrier although your need something to get rid of your over fueling so a power fc, e-manage or SAFC II would do the trick.

As for 500bhp your need the usual injectors, clutch, Z32 AFM and turbo something along the lines of a TD06, your best to use the search button as its been coverd a million times.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
hello

I have been looking at increasing the BHP.

currently I have an after market exhaust system, and induction kit - havent rolling roaded yet.

Want to get the car over 300 and then onto 500 (plans) in the next year or two or three maybe four :D

was wondring if this would do the job -

uprated full pump
FMIC
De-cat
boost controller set at 0.80
down pipe

Wil i need an upgraded turbo is there a BHP point were the standard one need to be replaced would a T3/T4 turbo and would it be worth upgrading to or should i got for a T5/ T6 - not sure ont he differences

is 0.80 the ideal boost setting?

is there anything else i should put on the shopping list.

cheers in advance

lee

I would fit all you mention, then to get 320 ish bhp, upgrade your standard turbo internals (steel) then get it mapped with a power fc or emanage.

At 1 bar with standard injectors/afm.

Its all money from now on :dogpile:

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
0.80 bar is perfect for the standard tubby as the ceramic blades might break if your upping the boost even more
the parts you have + the ones you have in mind + fuel controller + mapping should make 320BHP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.