Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this the turbo water feed?

its leaking,does anybody have one,its a 90 degree hose about 2" long on each side

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I don't remember taking anything off like this when I did the manifold gasket and studs

There was a inbound water feed conection and a outbound (I think) 22mm connection and that's a pig to get to and undo

This is of course is only looking at the conection ON the turbo.

There is one that leads back to behind the block. This could be that (The other end if you like) replace it with braided if It is.

·
NBOOST
3,309 Posts
The banjo on the front of the turbo(nearest chassis) is the water FEED that's bolted to the exhaust side of the block
The banjo on the back between the turbo and block is the water RETURN which runs up round the back of the head to a small 90 rubber hose and into the inlet where he's circled

http://justskylines.com/skyline/knowledgebase/assets/R33_engine_man.pdf

page 114 - inlet with feed labelled
page 150 - diagram of turbo pipes

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i tried removing the pipe earlier....aaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhh,my stupid fat hands wont even get close,time to take it to the garage me thinks LOL

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The banjo on the back between the turbo and block is the water RETURN which runs up round the back of the head to a small 90 rubber hose and into the inlet where he's circled
thats the one mate,its the return

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
thats the turbo water return pipe

from there then 90 round the back of the head where it joins a metal hard pipe that goes to the turbo. the hard pipe is fastened to the back of the head with and M6 bolt(good luck getting at it) and another at the corner of the head
so the pipe that needs to go around the back is the water return from the turbo Andy?

Anyone know where do I get the water supply pipe from for fitting the gt3076 turbo?

ant
goober
thread reviver

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've just had new lines made up for my GT3071r. The block water feed and turbo water feed port are both M14 x 1.5 thread. I had Earls make up the -6 AN line with 90 degree ends and M14 to -6 adapters, one for each end (part no. 9919DBH).

If you want to stick with banjo bolts (why?!) then you'll need the M14 to -6 banjo adapters (99766M14 I think. For reference the banjo bolt part number is 9775M14, but you'll need to chop the Earls bolt down to size as its too long!).

Hope that helps - you might want to confirm those details :D
Cheers

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sorry mate, try this.

Custom hoses will generally have a female end. The one above is a -6 AN hose (seems to be the standard for water feed) and the adapter is required to go into the block. The block thread is M14 x 1.5 so the adapter is M14 x 1.5 to -6 AN converter. This way you don't have to piss about with banjo bolts.

This is a M14 banjo with the appropriate adapter to screw into a -6 AN hose. You could do it this way but I find them quite limited in terms of movement since they lie flat to surface. In theory, drawing the hose away from the block should provide a little extra cooling.

Earls also do swaged end hoses, like crimped ends without the fancy blue and red bits. They may be a bit cheaper. Note the custom hose and adapters set me back £70.... :crazy:

PM me your email if you want any more pics etc - I think I am doing the same project as you at the mo...

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
aha cheers guys! So earls make those fancy fittings that benny is showing in the pic?

Benny I definitely need to pick your brains. will I need the same size fittings that you have shown there then?

things a bit manic at present - 2 days from wedding and things are just chaotic so not had a chance to pick up any of this properly. the price seems pretty smart tho if thats for oil and water lines?

·
Registered
421 Posts
PM sent mate.

For gneral info, lines usually role in around £30 to £40 mark but the adapters can be pricey. Not sure who does these apart from Earls.

For RB25DET
Water feed block fitting is M14 x 15
Water return (******* round the back of the block) is push on / clamp suiting -6 AN hose
Oil feed block fitting is M12 x 1.25 (stupid thread pitch)
Oil return block fitting is 3/4 BSP (tbc at the weekend).

Garrett GT3071R (and GT3076R ?)
Water feed in fitting is M14 x 1.5 (i.e. same as RB25DET block)
Water return line is M14 x 1.5 (i.e. same as other water lines)
Oil feed in fitting is M12 x 1.5 (NOT M12 x 1.25 as for block)
Oil return is just a flange. Either push on / clamp hose type, or if you want to waste cash
like I do, buy a -10 AN flange for £20 and bolt an expensive hose to it :smoker:

Hope this helps - surprisingly took me a while to track it all down.
Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts