http://www.jimmyfireblade.co.uk/close_up_directions.htm

Timings
11am start
5pm finish approx

Nearest train bus stations
Boston

Streetracers:
Bring yourself and your car.
You are responsible for your insurance and fuel costs.
Be prepared to drive your car fast and show us what you can do.
Fast Furious style !!!

just for an idea of numbers pop a list in the thread and I will let you know. Numbers may need to be limited.

Thanks

John

PS http://www.twentyfour7.tv/tfl.html

See video on the link for a feeling of the program

John

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
And you get what in return for using your car your tires and fuel ????

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And you get what in return for using your car your tires and fuel ????
Well you have chance of getting on TV and the chance to use your car on a closed venue etc.. (most people pay money to get on an airfield to do the same on an evening or weekend so can't see how it can be a bad thing)...

I would suggest it may be good for more localish people as I am not 100% sure exactly how much time etc will be available for each person (as I am just the messenger).

John

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
If you are after street racers you would be better off posting on gay chav cruise websites. If you want dedicated skyline enthusiasts then we're your guys

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are after street racers you would be better off posting on gay chav cruise websites. If you want dedicated skyline enthusiasts then we're your guys
I didn't write that and tbh if you look at the vid then I think you'll see the program isn't all about chaved up cars...

Hence why I have only posted this to sxoc, skyline oc and driftworks

John

PS If anyone wants I can check about public liability insurance but the comments about own insurance are just like how you wouldn't be covered on any track day

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
So you'll be greeted with this to rag your car about on ?????

Or has it got any better in the last year ???? Apologies IF this is not the Area you meant BUT that is east kirby airfield ;)

·
4,143 Posts
to be fair you sound like a nob and this chav style street race bollox is not going to get any of us there.
i would close this post have a little word with yourself and come back with a better advert than that

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
to be fair you sound like a nob and this chav style street race bollox is not going to get any of us there.
i would close this post have a little word with yourself and come back with a better advert than that
TBH it isn't a car fanatic that wrote the info and probably has used the wrong words...

Thanks for the civilized way in which you replied... I am obviously advocating street racing... We are using private ground :)

I am not posting it to forums full of chavs and I am not expecting that sort of person to turn up. Again look at the video on the TFL site I linked to and you will see the program isn't like this.

I think the big square area is like the pic you posted (I am not 100% sure which bits of airfield they will be using) but from the aerial pics on google earth the runways look much better than that.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...&t=k&z=16&om=1

John

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
Are you organising this event or just trying to promote it? The advert isnt great to be honest and I cant see many owners wishing to attend. If I were you I would edit your advert providing a more detailed breakdown of what is required. e.g what type of cars are they looking for, what they expect us to be doing (If its burnouts etc, then forget it!!). Owners will be more willing to attend proper organised events so much information is required

Regards

Chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you organising this event or just trying to promote it? The advert isnt great to be honest and I cant see many owners wishing to attend. If I were you I would edit your advert providing a more detailed breakdown of what is required. e.g what type of cars are they looking for, what they expect us to be doing (If its burnouts etc, then forget it!!). Owners will be more willing to attend proper organised events so much information is required

Regards

Chris
It is a friend who is working beside the TV company. I am promoting it only on the forums I know that have good sensible people and letting people get the opportunity of having a bit of fun off the main roads and getting the car/club/sponsors(if you have a drift car) on TV.

Fair point re the advert. I will speak with person organizing and re-word to better reflect what they are looking for and hopefully flesh out more details on what they hope to achieve.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
good stuff.we don't want to flame you but it just started out all wrong.
I am just gonna put this down to experience as I can't get enough info out of my friend about what people will get out of this / his requirements and plans for the day etc. for me to want to recommend/promote and defend this under my username anymore...

To re-itterate though it is seriously a genuine offer for anyone to show their skills, have a little fun driving fast on private ground for a TV program that should be appearing on Sky. So if anyone is fairly local and has the day off I am very sure they won't be dissapointed if they did pop along and would have a very enjoyable day. (It is still going ahead, I am just not happy being made look an idiot for a friend by not being able to answer genuine and perfectly reasonable questions from you guys)

Also due to me feeling a little left out dry by my friend I will not consider posting an offer like this again for him unless he gives me much more comprehensive information, up front, that doesn't sound chavy, and gives considerablly more notice than he has this time (if at all).

You will see under my username (if you want to look) the only other thing I have done on here is post some usefull info about LV insurance and actually helped a number of members via PM get in touch with the correct person at LV (So they could get the problem sorted as well) So I am not in the habit of posting things like this every week.

On this occassion I hope you will accept my sincerest appology for wasting space and hope it won't make you think ill of me should our paths cross again...

Thanks

John

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have had a good look around the website and there is no mention of any of this making TV.

Unless you are just talking about interactive tv over the net ??

If not please can you give some more details as to what channel and when it will appear on sky TV ?

I might be interested (600hp gtr) but only if its gonna be a well made program for TV (not internet) and not like the crap thats out there at the moment.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I help Run a local Club in Lincoln and have been to the airfield before, Hence where the pic came from. It is a very large open space but not in the best of conditions. however there is a couple of straight runs that are in better condition than the pic shown although not a great deal better.

I have a number of members with a decent line up of cars that could well be interested as it is not to far from us here.

Too quote a member " Had I had my old 300zx I may well been up for it, but not in the GTR"

As said the wording came across as very Chavvy (so to speak) and adding Fast and furious style did not help matters.

I think just a repost of the event and what you would require the attendees to do and where it would be shown in greater detail would make it seem a more attractive proposal.

I think there would be a few that wouldn't mind a little drift practice ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I help Run a local Club in Lincoln and have been to the airfield before, Hence where the pic came from. It is a very large open space but not in the best of conditions. however there is a couple of straight runs that are in better condition than the pic shown although not a great deal better.

I have a number of members with a decent line up of cars that could well be interested as it is not to far from us here.

Too quote a member " Had I had my old 300zx I may well been up for it, but not in the GTR"

As said the wording came across as very Chavvy (so to speak) and adding Fast and furious style did not help matters.

I think just a repost of the event and what you would require the attendees to do and where it would be shown in greater detail would make it seem a more attractive proposal.

I think there would be a few that wouldn't mind a little drift practice ;)
Yeah fair comments. And due to short notice and not being able to get full spec of what is required I decided to not focus on this time as much.

It is a real TV program and I am informed the company intention is to launch on Sky later this year so shouldn't just be web based. I think part of the it is they are obviously ramping the program up for TV and are not 100% sure of everything they will want to do on the day as a lot will depend on number of cars (though I don't think turnout is going to be massive so there should be time available for everyone to enjoy)

It is early days for them so if I get better information for future events I will keep you posted (but only if I think it is suitable for you guys).

As mentioned if anyone is quite local I am sure they will have a good day if they popped along.

Thanks

John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts