Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some new boots fitted at the office today (by a mobile bloke): 275/35/18 Goodyear Eagles. The tyres on the car when I bought it were only 255s and felt a bit stretched. All was fine until I made the sharp turn out of the car park....and felt the front tyres rub at ~85% lock :mad:

So much for working this out! My Rays CE28N wheels are 18" x 9.5" with +15mm offset. According to various online calculators the rolling radius etc. should be close as dammit to standard (and my speedo only 0.5% off). Instead the arch liners are taking a beating both in front and behind the wheels
:timebomb:

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
May just be rubbing the wheel arch liners, which themselves may not be fixed correctly. I ran 275s for a while, and they only rubbed a bit at full lock (although they were T1Rs).

Got 265s (Falkens, boo) at the moment 'cos I'm skint, no rubb'age at all.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got 265s (Falkens, boo) at the moment 'cos I'm skint, no rubb'age at all.
Yep. I think I may have been a bit greedy and should have gone for 265s. Never know, maybe Event Mobile Tyres will do me a swap....:funny:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Give you £50 for them! :D
Bloody hell! I take it all back: a bloke is coming out again on Monday to swap the fronts for 265 Eagle asymmetrics, with an additional charge of that very same amount quoted above :dance:

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,705 Posts
Bloody hell! I take it all back: a bloke is coming out again on Monday to swap the fronts for 265 Eagle asymmetrics, with an additional charge of that very same amount quoted above :dance:
ha wow, thats good service! will they swap them after 20k miles ? haha lol

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
rolling radius of the 275/35-18" is even a wee bit smaller than standard !
so if it rubs its gotta be due to width

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tyre madness

Try checkin ur spare wheel. I had Michelin energy tyres and when i got a replacement alloy i found i had a michelin energy tyre on the spare wheel and it was the same diameter as my others 185/55 r15

1 - 10 of 10 Posts