Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Should have a sticker in the door shut that tells you the std pressure.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
On my front tyres it's got a max of 51 psi wrote on it, and there 245/40/18. But I've put nitrogen in mine and I know for a fact that I've only got 35 psi in them and 40 psi in the rears.....

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
The maximum pressure marked on the tyre
is just the max your advised to fill to, and not a guide,
different makes will run best at different pressures, its usually a process of trial and error, or you can just go for the recommended pressure which I think is 34 front
and 36 rear.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WHAT difference does nitrogen make to the pressue. i recently bought tyres and they were filled with nitrogen
cheers

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
From what I've been told nitrogen keeps its pressure better than air, as air tends to warm up quicker, I've only ever had them inflated when I've had new tyres fitted and I've had the car 3yrs now. So must be some truth to it.....

·
Super Moderator
2,723 Posts
Correct. Nitrogen is more stable than normal air so it doesn't expand and hence increase the pressure while driving.
If ever you've checked your tyre pressures after a spirited drive then you'll see that the pressure has raised by a few PSI which is obviously not ideal...Nitrogen doesn't do this :)

Sent from my broken-ass phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
So, is it best to test your tires cold? If so, what if you have been driving on the for a while that day and pull over to put air in your tires? Assuming the standard air pressure is 35psi, should the tires be underinflated, overinflated, or left at 35psi to compensate for the fact they have been driven on recently?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts