Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting rubbing issues,i think the tyre sizes are wrong,they are rubbing more on the rear,the sizes are 265/35/18 rear and 235/40/18 front,im presuming the width of the tyres are wrong,the car is lowered but i have had to put the old wheels back on and they dont rub,their sizes are 215/50/17 all round (which makes them 2mm bigger overall diameter),now i know they are rubbing on the arches but unsure if they are rubbing on the inner,wondered if the GTS-T didnt like this width

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
what width and offset are the 18" rims ,
tyres (partially) adapt to the width of the rims, 265 on the rear is not the probe with the right rims

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have 235's up front, 17's on a 40 profile and they rub when locking and travelling slow, usually if its only a little bit bumpy as well, mind, mine is decked with tein coilovers!!

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what width and offset are the 18" rims ,
tyres (partially) adapt to the width of the rims, 265 on the rear is not the probe with the right rims
I dont know about offset,i will have to check,whats the widest tyres a GTS-T can take?i know my old GTR had 265/30/19s on the rear but i would assume GTRs can take wider tyres

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
33 mate,so if you are using 265s then it must be because im a bit too low then

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the fronts which are 235s says 18x8.5jj and the rears which are 265s are 18x9.5jj,havent a clue about offsetts but these are not cheap alloys(ultralites)and the tyres were put on in the shop

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I've know GTST's run 275 on the rears but its all down to the offset of the alloy, sounds like your gonna have to go down to a 255 on the rear bud.

I put 235 on mine and they rubbed on the rear because of my offset, luckily i've got 400r arches so cut a shed load of the arch away so i can now run a 255.

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im going to have 255s on the rear and 225s on the front,this will take the rolling radius down by 7mm,will update when done

1 - 11 of 11 Posts